Popular Classical Music
Sep 1, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #3,361 of 8,694
Went to see Amadeus on Friday evening at the NCH Dublin. The entire film was projected onto a large screen and accompanied by a live orchestra and choir.

It was a very memorable occasion and a compelling movie. It was the first time for us to see the movie. At the end of the movie (when the credits were rolling), the concert finished off with a live piano piece (which seems to have been an additional piece to the movie). I will try to remember which piece it was and post it here.

"RTÉ Concert Orchestra
Benjamin Pope conductor
Resurgam choir
Gary Beecher piano

Unmissable – the most famous film ever made about classical music screened with live orchestra and choir for the first time in Ireland!

Winner of eight Academy Awards®, Amadeus works as a passionate drama, a sumptuous period epic and the perfect celebration of Mozart’s sublime music. F. Murray Abraham is brilliant as rival composer Salieri, consumed with jealousy of the musical gifts bestowed to the vulgar young Mozart while at the same time transfixed by his genius.

The music introduced millions to Mozart’s symphonies, operas and the extraordinary requiem.

A compelling story of ambition and obsession with some of the best music ever written performed live, this will be a feast for the eyes and ears and one of the events of the year!

Amadeus Live is a production of Avex Classics International. Presented by RTÉ Concert Orchestra"

A few videos selected by me. Edit: The second movement piano solo is not far off from what was played at the end of the concert. What a splendid job Yeol Eum Son does!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #3,362 of 8,694

My wife & I love her playing so that I’ve taken some of the live video performances and extracted audio. (You tube Performances not sold. Free online converter)

We play them in the car.

They are, however, heavily compressed.

I hope she releases some of the live performances—-they’re dynamic.

Anyone know if Concert De Paris 2019 will be released (audio)?

Sep 1, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #3,365 of 8,694
Barrios - Choro da Saudade

performed by Karmen Stendler

"Chôro" (cry or lament) is a Portuguese word depicting an instrumental Brazilian popular music genre which originated in 19th century Rio de Janeiro. Chôros are mostly characterized by virtuosity, improvisation and subtle modulations, and are full of syncopation and counterpoint.

“Saudade” is a hard word to translate into English. It refers to nostalgia, profound sadness or feelings of yearning, such as in homesickness or remembering people you will never again meet.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #3,371 of 8,694
French fries, French toast, French kissing in the USA.........................................French Horn

200w.webp
200.webp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back