Pop anyone?
Jun 10, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #415 of 443
I kinda like Clean Bandit melodies. They make some interesting sounds. They don't all sound the same, and they seem to experiment with different sounds. They also tend to pick good vocals. Their melodies support the vocals quite well. Zara Larsson is probably my fav vocals from them next to Anne-Marie

clean-bandit-rockabye-vid-still-2016-billboard-1548.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #416 of 443
Ok, i admit it.
I am still a Tony Bourdain fan.
Apparently, unlike some, i didnt stop being one simply because this narcissistic self serving man, (who was not able to live without that wife he just parted from in 2016), made a bad choice, and was probably too drunk with XanaX helping to stop it once he started to strangle and fall asleep,
And now he's dead, and found out that his skeptical idea of...."i dont believe in a higher power", didnt pan out for him in the end as he'd hoped.
As for me, i have a tear in my eye again, thinking about him being gone, as honestly, he was a real one., and this world has so few.
I didnt agree with his lack of respect for "God", and i didnt "jive" with his self absorption, but i did agree that he was the best and the first, regarding what he created on Food TV and why he created it.
So, i have now been sitting in front of my Macbook Pro 17" for the last hour, watching Tony on this show, Tony on that show, Tony giving this interview, and just sort of feeling the loss.
Which led me to a site where Tony's quotes were being aimed at some of the "Food Network" stars, like Rachel, and Guy, and others, and that led me to this video, im about to show you.
And i have to admit it caused me to have a sort of twisted smile on my face right in the middle of my grief.

Whats that?..... you hated Tony and thought he was not only a jerk, but was created the role?
Yes i understand your point, and its a good one, and right on target.
He was all that and more, and its the "more" part that i miss., as there is noone else who can do what he did since 2002.
Tony left a young daughter, and this is pretty much unforgivable, but, sometimes you just can't take the pain and you embrace a final solution.
And for the last few days there is a lot of analysis going on about "why"......and i know why.
Want me to tell you?
It was 2 fold........1st, he has everything he wanted regarding success, and he reached a crisis point where his energy and enthusiasm was not able to care anymore, and also, he had a grieved bitterness at the "life irony" that he was sort of too old to enjoy his success the way he wanted to, as he was 44 when it came, and Tony was really always about 10 yrs olde then his birthdate, as this was the effect of the constant hard living he embraced.. So, he was an OLD 61, when he passed away a few days ago., and he felt it., and was just very tired of it all.
He had in fact came to that place where he had no answer to this question that he wanted..........."Is this all there is'?
Then, he could not find a way to stay with the one woman he ever loved........It was a situation where he could not abide her "ways", and absolutely could not stand to be parted from her.
This was the other thing that was literally eating out his soul.
So, in those 2, you find why he got drunk & probably took a handful of XanaX, then wondered if there is a God as he put that cloth belt around his throat and sat down as it began to cut off his awareness of what he was doing, and then he suddenly found himself dead.

-
-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back