poor manufacturing, OCD kicking in, or something else?
Jun 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

JayNetTech5

100+ Head-Fier
Whenever I wear my headphones, the my left headphone never feels secure on my ear. I always feel a breeze from the back of my ear when they are on like the headphone is positioned awkwardly in a way to let air in from behind, like they are not tightly sealed to my left side of my head. It's almost like the left headphone/side of headband feels looser and wobbly, while the right one feels tight and secure. Is it my mind, poor craftsmanship, or the shape of my head? Feels like I have to keep moving it around on my head.

think of it as feeling like this on your head: not the exact headphone,just giving an example.

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 11
Several headphone bands are made to be bendable if you didn't know. Make several small adjustments (not large drastic ones, may break) until you're satisfied.
Quote:
Whenever I wear my headphones, the my left headphone never feels secure on my ear. I always feel a breeze from the back of my ear when they are on like the headphone is positioned awkwardly in a way to let air in from behind, like they are not tightly sealed to my left side of my head. It's almost like the left headphone/side of headband feels looser and wobbly, while the right one feels tight and secure. Is it my mind, poor craftsmanship, or the shape of my head? Feels like I have to keep moving it around on my head.

think of it as feeling like this on your head: not the exact headphone,just giving an example.

Jun 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

OMG!! You are the super hero stretch Armstong!!

Jun 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 11
This might sound odd, but are you ears symmetrical? My ears are different, although not drastically; perhaps a small difference in ear shape is causing this?

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
While you think you've hit some sarcastic nerve here, there are actually a plethora of people that think we're created with the same premises. 

I don't know anybody who thinks they're symmetrical. Do you? 
Your original comment doesn't add anything to the topic. Perhaps your goal was to add something new, but it doesn't help the OP/topic - it just looks like you're trying to outsmart me - but the fact is I didn't perpetuate the myth that people are symmetrical.

Putting aside arguments on logomachy or syntax, symmetry is a concept as everything is in a state of flux on various levels of measurement. As this is a thread about headphones and ears I didn't think anybody would get offended by my loose use of the word 'symmetry'. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back