1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by currawong, Sep 28, 2012.
First

Back
305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314
316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323
Next

Last
  1. doctorjazz
    I tried to use the Neil Young streaming site, wouldn't let me log in (I tried different ways). Oh well...

barondla likes this.
  2. barondla
    Had trouble using Explorer. Switched to Firefox and it worked fine. Xstream was stressed with so many users at once. They increased capacity and now people are having better luck. Try again. The archives could be the future of recorded music. Getting lots of accolades. Truly amazing layout and site.

doctorjazz likes this.
  3. doctorjazz
    I'll try on Chrome when I get home. I actually use an unusual browser, Maxthon, (a Chrome spin off), but I'll try the regular Chrome. Thanks.

barondla likes this.
  4. waynes world
    I noticed today that quite a few songs seem unavailable. One example is when playing "Rust Never Sleeps" album, track #1 "My My, Hey Hey" is skipped and when you click on it, it says "This song is not currently available". I noticed that with quite a few tracks. Have you experienced that?

barondla likes this.
  5. L8MDL
    Lots of material not available. I expect them to continue to populate the site with the ultimate goal for it to be full when they start charging subsciption fees in June. We'll see.

FWIW it plays fine on chrome, even off my Samsung tablet in "desktop" mode. On my PC it is marvelous.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    barondla likes this.
  6. doctorjazz
    Trying to open it with JRiver, haven't succeeded yet (My PC is a mess, can only output music through JRiver into DAC/headphones, long story...), try some more later.

7. barondla
    Is that even possible? Xstream uses the Orastream technology to adjust to user's bandwidth. You might ask on the JRMC forums.

8. doctorjazz
    It may not be possible...

9. Left Channel
    Indeed, not possible technically, and also by design: the whole point of the archives is the multimedia experience currently available only through the website. I read somewhere that Neil Young has been organizing those materials since 1989.

Someone from Orastream has hinted they may eventually release an app for that, if NY & team decide they want one. I've no idea if that app would or could replicate the website, but from what I've read it seems that still wouldn't be based on something you could add to another app (at least not without an Orastream plugin, if a plugin would or could ever be developed).

barondla likes this.
  10. Left Channel
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  11. radicus
    My Pono had been working fine since I got it from the Kickstarter.. (Tom Petty Limited ed) Today it turned on with the the "your PonoPlayer internal storage has been formatted to an unknown file system."
    Doesn't show up in windows and there are no files, albums, etc showing. There is a reformat button I am hesitant to press. Am I hosed?

12. L8MDL
    I would contact Phil Baker at pbaker@gmail.com

13. radicus
    Thanks. Will do

14. maira
    As i have a new pc right now, i use Excact Audio Copy to ripp my CDs. Problem is, Pono Player shows new albums in "various artist" instead of the folder of the band. Is there any solution to this? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  15. drew911d
    You'll have to use MP3Tag or such to edit the artist name.

Or, while ripping in EAC get the metadata. It's in one of the menus..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
First

Back
305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314
316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323
Next

Last