1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by currawong, Sep 28, 2012.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. miceblue
    The only thing I can think of is the dynamic range database. But even with that, not much is said about the albums.
    http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

Because it was mentioned earlier:
    http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/49035

bpower likes this.
  2. Replicant187
    i'm hoping for a great UI.
    SQ is the most important thing for sure but on the go UI is as important as SQ for me.

3. shockdoc
    Finally, a DAP to unleash the magic lurking deep inside my Beats. [​IMG]

Subscribed!

4. shockdoc
    Agree 100%. UI is the ONLY reason I still have any i-devices. [​IMG]

5. Edwood
    Unless it's completely unusable, I can adapt to even a terrible user interface.   Sound quality is a constant.   If it doesn't sound good enough to begin with, it will never improve. 

6. kallekutta
    Interesting video!

7. bpower

Ahahaha. Their little forum has a sub-forum just to discuss how much Californacation sucks.

The whole site is a great resource and the forum has loads of album suggestions.

Thanks a bunch for this.

8. Saraguie
    Just posted answers to some commonly asked questions:  Click here

9. Saraguie
    Yea and I agree except......there ARE players that deliver what Pono is attempting to. I am loading one right now. It costs almost 5 x the amount is the catch.
    I would like him to address some of the excellent DAPs/AMPs available today. You can get a good setup for about double the $400.  As someone said earlier in the thread, the amp and how they integrate the Sabre DAC is going to be the key.  And of course no 128 (or lower even) MP3s.....to listen to.

10. epithetless

No mention of whether or not the PonoMusic Store albums will be better mastered than their CD versions, I see...

11. kallekutta

Sadly I don't think Ponomusic will have some kind of exclusive access to digital masters HDTracks don't already have... Ponomusic will sell what they get from the music companies, it's the same with HDTracks. But I'm happy that at least Neil's music will be in fantastic quality!

12. brhfl
    Been thinking the same thing… The fact that all these labels are supposedly already on board says to me that they're getting the same ol' stuff everyone else does…

13. Mimouille
    This is the second time you say this.

14. Kendoji
    LOL the video on the Kickstarter page is ridiculous.  The one with all the famous musicians stepping out of a car having just had a religious music experience, going 'that's the best sound I've EVER heard'.  With no reference to what they were listening to, or what the PONO stuff was being compared to.

It's all very silly but there's part of me that wants to believe.  I can't help it!  

15. miceblue
    I actually just saw this too:
    http://www.audiostream.com/content/becks-imorning-phasei-2496-download-worth-it

Sadface. I really hope Neil addresses the mastering quality in his campaign sometime in the near future. This so-called high-resolution stuff ain't going to cut it, and as Tyll hinted, this campaign is focusing on high-resolution formats.

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last