Poll: Which OS do you use with your iPod?
Jun 7, 2007 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

JibJab

New Head-Fier
Maybe this has been done before, but I can't find it...so please vote.
biggrin.gif
If you use multiple OS's vote for your favourite and comment on why/why nots if you wish. Cheers.

Jun 7, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple's own, since no third party OSs can be loaded onto the 2nd gen nano.
frown.gif

me too, and im not happy about it either.
mad.gif
they crippled it on purpose, not fair!!!!
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 12:53 PM Post #8 of 37
I prefer Rockbox most of the time, and it's a no brainer since it leaves the normal apple firmware usable.

Also, I have to admit I like using a different OS on my ipod... it just entertains me.

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #9 of 37
apple firmware for me since the battery life is still an issue with rockbox, and the main reason I was using rockbox (gapless playback) has now been dealt with by apple.

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #10 of 37
BeOS all the way!
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #12 of 37
While I loved Rockbox on my iRiver H120 and H380, I'm going to give the dev's more time to work out the kinks in the 5.5G builds before I install it on my iPod. Battery life is a must for me as much as I use my iPod. Plus I've become really accustomed to the iPod OS now. They way the menus work, the video playback, etc. But I do miss the drag and drop through explorer and being able to use my flacs instead of having to convert them to alac.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #15 of 37
Apple OS I have a video and rockbox don't play videos. I mostly use for music anyway, but rockbox has battery issues too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back