Benaiir

1000+ Head-Fier
ALL OF THESE ARE THE SAME PRICE

1. iGrado (Same as the SR-60's drivers)

2. Sennheiser HD-515

3. Audio Technica A500 (USED)

4. JVC HA-RX900

5. JVC HA-RX700 with a Cmoy amp

Artist I listen to : Coldplay, Kanye West, John Mayer, John Ledgend, and Pharrell

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 23
I personally prefer the SR-60. I haven't listened to the iGrado, but I would make the point that just because it has the same drivers does not necessarily mean it will have the same sound signature. There are a number of other variables which will affect the end result of their sound.

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambrosecarr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally prefer the SR-60. I haven't listened to the iGrado, but I would make the point that just because it has the same drivers does not necessarily mean it will have the same sound signature. There are a number of other variables which will affect the end result of their sound.

Eh. Idk. I guess you're right.

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 23
Grados are designed with classic rock in mind... Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones etc. I had the SR-60s pre-bowl, and am listening to 325i's right now... I don't listen to the same artists you do, but I think I can still answer your question based on the sound signature.

I would guess it's probably not what you're looking for. Grados have a distinct sound with tight, but relatively weak bass. The things are (IMO) very detailed with a wonderful range... and for acoustic music I think they just rock.

But, if hip-hop and rap are your thing I just don't think they have the bass to please. I'd say the test is this...

If you like the sound signature of Bose, Grado isn't for you, it's way too big a departure. If you listen to Bose and think, man this is almost there but the bass keeps overwhelming the details in this song, you should definitely try Grados.

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #10 of 23
515 is a nice allrounder. will sound good with all sorts of music, not just one and be bad at others.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #11 of 23
qualia...nuf said

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought JVC HA-RX900 are supposed to sound really good for the money? That's what I keep seeing people say. SR-60 don't get the most respect.

Yes. Mine are still burning in, but already, I have to say that they do many things better than my MS-1s, which most people would put above the SR-60s.

eek.gif

Aright, alright, put down your pitchforks... I didn't say that the headphones themselves were better... just that they do many things better. I'm very happy with them so far, and I don't think that you can get a better set of headphones for $60 (I think you can probably still find them for that price).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back