poll : what's your frequency kenneth ?
Mar 23, 2006 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
what's your preferred frequency range , and why ?

ps : are you sure it is not bass ? this in the case you don't vote bass

make yourself sure before vote..
you can't change the vote .

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 37
6-23000

I like to have a little something below and a little something above. Even if I cannot hear all these, I like to think that a pressed note I can hear, would sound a little different if there was something there, that I couldn't hear. Does that make sense?

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
What's a kennet? I'm so confused.

I was confused too.

Anyway, I voted for highs since I love a sparkling treble. Something about a cymbal crash makes me happy.

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Anyway, I voted for highs since I love a sparkling treble. Something about a cymbal crash makes me happy.

ahhh I like your answer

So I'll tell mine
something like an earthquake tremor over ears drums make me feel so goooood make me feel the power
very_evil_smiley.gif
of being alive , and stay with me also when i dismiss the sound

but I admit I like enormously when cymbal delicately crash , really , they send me such shivers down my spine and clean up my soul
smily_headphones1.gif
, don't ask me what does it means .

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 37
Why do people here always feel compelled to pad polls with garbage options that completely invalidate whatever useful, or at least interesting, information might otherwise be gathered by the poll?

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 37
I think it's all important, I actually disagree with your other thread stating that people are drawn only to bass and that no one is wowed by the highs or mids. I'm enchanted by the highs, especially if it's particularly detailed and airy (without harshness or sibilance). The vocals reside in the mids, and when you have Norah, Sarah, etc. who wouldn't be seduced by their siren like voices? The bass is nice when you want to rock out. So I can't say that I'm more drawn to one part of the frequency over the other as I listen to all kinds of music.

As for the questions regarding "Kennet"...it's actually supposed to be "Kenneth" and here's the story behind it:

http://ask.yahoo.com/20010619.html

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
ahhh I like your answer

So I'll tell mine
something like an earthquake tremor over ears drums make me feel so goooood make me feel the power
very_evil_smiley.gif
of being alive , and stay with me also when i dismiss the sound

but I admit I like enormously when cymbal crash really , they send me shivers down my spine and clean up my soul
smily_headphones1.gif
, don't ask me what does it means .

I recall reading about how on a good system you can visualize the distance of a drummer's hand from the cymbals and highhats. I tried concentrating on that the other night and it was incredible. I tend to listen in a dark room with some candles lit. Sounds kind of gay but it works well for me. I love the isolation.

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
As for the questions regarding "Kennet"...it's actually supposed to be "Kenneth" and here's the story behind it:

http://ask.yahoo.com/20010619.html

thanks

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
I recall reading about how on a good system you can visualize the distance of a drummer's hand from the cymbals and highhats. I tried concentrating on that the other night and it was incredible. I tend to listen in a dark room with some candles lit. Sounds kind of gay but it works well for me. I love the isolation.

yeah I understand

Quote:

I think it's all important, I actually disagree with your other thread stating that people are drawn only to bass and that no one is wowed by the highs or mids. I'm enchanted by the highs, especially if it's particularly detailed and airy (without harshness or sibilance). The vocals reside in the mids, and when you have Norah, Sarah, etc. who wouldn't be seduced by their siren like voices? The bass is nice when you want to rock out. So I can't say that I'm more drawn to one part of the frequency over the other as I listen to all kinds of music.

As for the questions regarding "Kennet"...it's actually supposed to be "Kenneth"

no problem is nice to see different opinions , we've all different opinions and moods ; btw in my other thread I was asking Why Do You Like Bass , and wrote that I didn't see so usual wowing about highs and mids , as much as about bass

yeah I've yet tried to correct Kennet(h) name in the poll options but with no success.

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #12 of 37
a good bass is the foundation of good music.

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:31 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Why do people here always feel compelled to pad polls with garbage options that completely invalidate whatever useful, or at least interesting, information might otherwise be gathered by the poll?

actually , there's quite a reason for every option ..
being anal : the only one one could question is -maybe- "I'm not kenneth". But it says things too
vote there says that you've been interested in the thread and in the vote, but not in choosing a frq.s related option of the poll. And that you are (but only supposely) not Kenneth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back