Poll on Nomad World regarding batteries (built-in versus removable)
Jun 7, 2004 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

konstantinos

100+ Head-Fier
On the Nomad World homepage, there is a poll (under the "Highlights" section) asking users whether they "prefer the battery in their MP3 player to be built-in or removable".

Doesn't matter if you own a Creative MP3 player or not, I think you may want to drop a visit by that site and cast your vote.

Big numbers of people voting for "removable", means that Creative will probably keep on with this strategy, maybe applying a bigger pressure to Apple & Co. to do the same with their products.

Jun 7, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 11
Done. I just ordered a Jukebox 3 and one of the things I really liked about it was the battery packs being removable.

Jun 7, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by konstantinos
Big numbers of people voting for "removable", means that Creative will probably keep on with this strategy, maybe applying a bigger pressure to Apple & Co. to do the same with their products.

This poll has absolutely no bearing on Creative Labs product development. If it did, then why does their newest player, the ZEN TOUCH use a built-in battery as opposed to a removable one?

confused.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
This poll has absolutely no bearing on Creative Labs product development. If it did, then why does their newest player, the ZEN TOUCH use a built-in battery as opposed to a removable one?

I am well aware of the Touch's removable battery.

What I said in my previous post is that higher numbers may encourage Creative to continue with that tactic. The keywords on my first post are "probably keep on".

Jun 8, 2004 at 10:56 AM Post #5 of 11
Seems like a dumb poll. Who would prefer a battery that is not removable?

Jun 8, 2004 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke
Seems like a dumb poll. Who would prefer a battery that is not removable?

I'm betting the majority answer is "I don't care one way or the other."

Jun 8, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #7 of 11
unremovable battery freaks me out... as you know, batteries have lifespan, so i always worry what happen when the battery starts to weaken due to long period of charge/discharge ?
this gives me the scare that my player will only last as long as the battery...(although i know it can be removed at shops or something)

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by konstantinos
I am well aware of the Touch's removable battery.

What I said in my previous post is that higher numbers may encourage Creative to continue with that tactic. The keywords on my first post are "probably keep on".

You are mistaken. The Zen Touch WILL NOT have a removable battery like the Zen NX or Zen Xtra. Its battery will be built-in like the Zen 2.0 and Zen Firewire. Specs on the Zen Touch can be found here.

biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
Removable as in using batteries that you can buy from convience stores like AA's or AAA's or removable as in something else?

As in something else. Think your cell's battery, it's removable in the same sense we're talking about here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
You are mistaken. The Zen Touch WILL NOT have a removable battery like the Zen NX or Zen Xtra. Its battery will be built-in like the Zen 2.0 and Zen Firewire. Specs on the Zen Touch can be found here.

I stand corrected, thank you for the tip.

My misinformation was due to an early post back in the original "Creative Zen Touch" thread where one poster claimed it had a removable battery (only to be questioned a couple of posts down - that last part, I didn't remember).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back