Poll: Best/fav Nine Inch Nails Album?
Sep 3, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, you call yourself a huge NIN fan, but Year Zero isn't on the poll?

That's what stood out to me right away. I love Year Zero, not quite as much as Downward Spiral, but Year Zero is definitely worthy of being included in the options.

Sep 3, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #19 of 34
I voted for the Fragile.I think I'm getting too old to listen to the DS (would have been my second choice) without feeling some fatigue. I lik Trent's expansion into sonic landscapes, and for me the Fragile is the perfect mix of angry NIN and Trent's new explorations.

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what stood out to me right away. I love Year Zero, not quite as much as Downward Spiral, but Year Zero is definitely worthy of being included in the options.

Yeah, I'd say YZ is one of Trent's tops 3 best works.

As for my favorites, it's always a toss up between The Fragile and Year Zero. I just can't choose.

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #21 of 34
Downward Spiral, but I like Ghosts

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #22 of 34
Im not a big NIN fan at all, but i prefer PHM, since i find it easiest to get into, especially the song "Head Like a Hole"

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #23 of 34
Definitely The Fragile, because of how huge and varied (and yet still very much NIN) it is.

Sep 4, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #25 of 34
Pretty Hate Machine. I've been a fan since back when this was the only album so I may coming from a different viewpoint than most of you. For me it's my favorite ever album. It's also my "Desert Island" album. It's the Desert album because it a bit of everything - guitar but also synths. Bass. Ballads. Heavier songs. It really is an amazing album.

Sep 4, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #26 of 34
I would find it hard to believe that anyone who has watched the And All That Could Have Been DVD would vote for anything but the Fragile.

TDS is what made Trent famous as it includes Hurt and Closer.

The 5 year wait between TDS and The Fragile was worth it as it resulted in his true masterpiece.

Sep 5, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #27 of 34
TDS most definitely. A true masterpiece!

I'm seeing NIN tomorrow at Oracle Arena!
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #28 of 34
Absolute blasphemy without Year Zero in the list. The Downward Spiral speaks for itself, but I think taking everything into account Year Zero is the best NIN album. I can't be arsed to try and discuss why, but it has so many great components.

I bet I've listened to many of The Downward Spiral songs more, even though I've had the album several months less than Year Zero, but Year Zero has some amazing qualities I find hard to put to paper.

One thing is for sure though, I absolutely love these albums. Hell, I love NIN in general.

Sep 17, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #29 of 34
umm.. can I say Fixed

Sep 17, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #30 of 34
Still, aka Disc 2 of the special edition of And All That Could Have Been.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of pretty much all of them, but the stripped down reinterpretations of some classics combined with the final 3 originals ("And All That Could Have Been" and the instrumentals "The Persistence of Loss" and my all-time favorite NIN track "Leaving Hope") makes for a unique experience not found on any other NIN album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back