Poll:Aftermarket Qutest psu.

Chord Qutest power supply

• Stock

• Aftermarket

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 27, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #155 of 163

uzi2

Headphoneus Supremus
Have you tried the 3A to see if you hear an audible difference?
It will not work the other way round as the Pi requires more current. Any comparison would then involve using the original Pi power supply, so not a worthwhile exercise. It is my belief that the Pi benefits more from the Shanti than does the Qutest.

Oct 12, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #157 of 163

Uguccione

New Head-Fier
I have recently got a Sbooster mk2, with which the Qutest has finally started to sound as it knows. I come to say that with the stock power supply, the Qutest is not worth the money it costs: harsh and fatiguing sound.

Oct 26, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #160 of 163

Triode User

Member of the Trade: WAVE High Fidelity
Is there an aftermarket power supply for the Qutest that is grounded?
Most of them are floating output voltages rather than tagging the voltage to ground / AC neutral.

But is that what you meant? Are you looking to ground the Qutest case? That is a different question.

Oct 26, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #161 of 163

Benno1988

500+ Head-Fier
Most of them are floating output voltages rather than tagging the voltage to ground / AC neutral.

But is that what you meant? Are you looking to ground the Qutest case? That is a different question.
Yes but neatly.

At the moment I just run a BNC to RCA adapter and then a iFi groundhog thing. So just a power plug with only the ground pin connected up to one of the free spots on the DAC. Works, just wondering if could do a two for one, upgrade the PSU and have grounding built in.

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #162 of 163

Quince

New Head-Fier
Yes but neatly.

At the moment I just run a BNC to RCA adapter and then a iFi groundhog thing. So just a power plug with only the ground pin connected up to one of the free spots on the DAC. Works, just wondering if could do a two for one, upgrade the PSU and have grounding built in.

Hi Benno, I find this text by Nordost explains the different kinds of grounds very clearly and concisely. Seems that you are mixing the meaning of signal ground and earth ground.

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #163 of 163

Benno1988

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Benno, I find this text by Nordost explains the different kinds of grounds very clearly and concisely. Seems that you are mixing the meaning of signal ground and earth ground.
Will have a read.

The gist of it is with the Qutest into a Kenzie Encore or into my active speakers (2pin power), there is a ground loop of some sort formed and savage noise. Something that happens with no other DAC yet.

If I connect any part of the Qutest such as one of the RCA or BNC ground/negative to a ground pin power plug (so powerboard, or direct to wall, earth pin to RCA/BNC ground/neg) it stops.

Users who are viewing this thread