POLL: A Sub-Forum for Headphone Modification by model.
Feb 16, 2006 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

headchange4u

500+ Head-Fier
I have a set of Koss KSC-35's on the way, and of course I am going to mod the hell out of them.

So I start searching for mods to the KSC35 and there are a lot of threads scattered throughout the forum. It is pretty much the norm to have to sift through tons of posts to find information on modding a particular set of cans, and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if all this information could be consolidated into one area."

Headwize has sections on modding particular brand/models of headphones and I thought something like that would make a great edition to the DIY forum. Threads could contain pictures and information on how to disassemble a particular set or headphones, show how to perform various mods such as replacing screens or modding foam, recabling pointers, etc....

What do you guys and gals think about this idea?

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 4
A sub forum dedicated to modding/servicing and making headphones would be interesting.
Though I guess it would take quite a bit of time rounding up all the
headphone mod related threads to place in a sub forum.

Feb 16, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 4
I thought that I would see more interest in something like this-a one stop for all your modding queries in about a particular model-but it seems most ppl don't like the idea.

It would take a lot of work to gather the information. If something like this did happen I, for one, would be more than happy to do as much of the work as I could.

Feb 16, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 4
If people wanted to do the work of gathering and organizing links to all of the mod threads, perhaps a section can be added to the big DIY links list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back