[poll] 2010 - 2011 UEFA Champions League!
Apr 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

JamesMcProgger

Headphoneus Supremus
Chose your favorite!

Quarter-finals

Team 1   Agg. Team 2   1st leg     2nd leg  
5–0​
1–3​
6–1​
3–7​

Semi-finals

Team 1

Agg. Team 2   1st leg     2nd leg  
 ​
 ​

Final

The 2011 UEFA Champions League Final will be played on 28 May 2011 at Wembley Stadium in LondonEngland

28 May 2011, 20:45 Barcelona v Manchester United 

Place your bets!

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 89
I went with Madrid and hopefully they can put up the fight against barca in the semifinals 
atsmile.gif

May 3, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 89
The funeral begins soon enough, it's going to be a lot of fun for Real since The Chosen One, Pepe and Ramos are missing.

May 15, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #8 of 89
Arsenal fan here

It's gonna be an interesting final as Man u seem to me to be experts at 'spooking out' the referee. Always around him, rio,rooney,vidic......... Rio seems to overlook the referee's decisions, with scholes sometimes looking at what the ref writes in his book. Maybe for spelling mistakes, I don't know. Genius.

So too are baraca experts at this, with xavi and co.

No other team can do this better than these two. A lot of them try, but fail. So credit to them here- because so many try as it's not illegal, but these two shine at it.

So, who's going to win in wembly?
The team that controlls the ref better. Simple as.
(carrick/evans probably wont play, and busquets won't be in central defence!)

ps. Arsenal haven't been for 6 years 'in it to win it' in any competition (apart from this years carling cup). So they rightedly haven't won anything.

ps#II. I reckon this barca team is it's weakest in recent years. In with pedro and busquets, out with toure and eto!! That's how good messi is.

May 16, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #9 of 89
Well Busquets is a decent player but please spare us from his theatratics. 

But Pedro is excellent. So excellent that Guardiola went on to say that he is the best finished in the Barcelona roster. Mind you, Barcelona has David Villa, so Guardiola meant Pedro's finishing is better than Villa.

May 16, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #10 of 89
Normally when there's no Dutch club in the game (a lot these days), I'm in favor of Barca or Arsenal.

But I really hope Edwin van der Sar will win the cup in his last match of his career. What a guy, what a career, what a goal keeper. The best we Dutch had ever, and one of the best goalkeepers ever lived.

That said, I'm afraid Barca's midfield is unbeatable. Just like Spain's midfield last summer..

May 17, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 89
With barca's midfield holded by busquets, it is beatable. I've followed barca all season, and what an awful player, by barca standards. Maybe they see potential in the future + he's spanish so fits in well. Or maybe he's a nice guy in training/on the pitch.

When this was yaya toure, then no. Oh, no. Yaya toure- for anyone who's followed the english premier league this season, has been probably the best player. Virtually single handedly won man city the FA cup semi's and final.

Please pep, don't put pedro on either. Give afellay a change instead of pedro aswell as afellay has that raw pace to get past vidic. Madrids class clown, marcelo, on purpose injured pedro when he stamped on him in the first leg of the champions league. Absolute fart. I knew it was all over for madrid after that.

Seriously, messi has become so important for barca, that if man u cancel him out, which they can do (like arsenal in the first leg). Then united will win, no matter who the ref chooses to support.

#Van der sar- True say. He is the business# 

May 17, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #12 of 89
11 more days and we will find out.
Im supporting ManU, but only because Barca beated Madrid 
mad.gif

ManU has the benefit of being almost local. and if they could stop barca's midfiel, I thinkthey could actually win this one. but if i were to bet money it'll be on Barca.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back