Podcast-Fi
Jun 15, 2015 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TwinQY

Something about the rear end of a cat
Are there any shows that you're enjoying a lot these days?

Code:
 owner@owner find ~/Podcasts -maxdepth 1 -type d | wc -l All the great shows. owner@owner echo "I think this machine needs a flu shot." Maybe you just need to clean off the dander on the keyboard. ghost@intheshell shred -n 100 -z -u Goodfellas.mkv

Seriously speaking though, there are a lot of shows out there, and most of them aren't even about computers or Markdown or headphones (although if you're interested in the latter...). If this gets any traction, I'll keep a list in the OP.

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Love Radiolab.

Really like movie podcasts as well. Have been going through Criterion Collected, found out about it fairly recently, just in time for a slough of boxsets to have come in...

Podcasts with an historical nature have always been enjoyable as well. I think it's a good use of the medium, great brain food. China History Podcast, The History of Rome, the usual suspects. There used to a show on the history of advertising called Age of Persuasion on CBC, that had podcast versions available for download, touched on interesting topics, and the presentation/production was top-class.

Along the same lines, History of Photography is very enjoyable. Technically, the new ones are podcasts, his older catalog were just recordings of his class lectures.

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 4
Futility Closet is reliably amusing: "Futility Closet is a collection of entertaining curiosities in history, literature, language, art, philosophy, and mathematics, designed to help you waste time as enjoyably as possible."

Discovered the blog ages ago while looking for chess problems. The proprietor there started doing podcasts about a year of so back: http://www.futilitycloset.com/category/podcast/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back