PMV PP Planar Magic
Apr 13, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #65 of 157
After 100+ hrs burn there's still this muddy or honky sound. I don't know think will go off. If is without it is so perfect set of planar iem.
That the most negative part of what i hear.
Sure it is not the tips?

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #71 of 157
I've have had tinnitus issues and blocked eustachian for past few weeks; it's getting better.
Here's my hearing-impaired comments on the PP - hope it's still useful info:

Non-hearing related:
- quite a big but lightweight body
- The connector sits quite far out, so the cables keeps clear of the outer ear, ie: easy fit for me ear.
- Plain looking shell, but decently made
- Good quality cable, but I switched to a pure silver cable.

Hearing-related (slightly impaired):
- Needs decently powered source (using DX160 balanced or IFI nano BL) to get improved dynamics.
- Sound stage is quite impressive. Some mixes can surprise me with hall-like spaciousness.
- Has a treble-limited sound. Trebleheads should probably avoid this iem.
- Has a warm tonality which reminds me of horn speaker boxes.
- The bass & mid textures are quite bold and up front, and probably my favourite aspect about this iem.
- As a result, the sound can be a bit fatiguing with my current hearing impairment.
- Transients and attacks seems less energetic than, say, on the KBEar Believe.
- I prefer playing live acoustic or orchestral music on this iem. Less so with EDM or high-energy electronic songs.
(Note: it has been plugged in playing, in the weeks that I could not hear anything)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #72 of 157
This review was posted on youtube in Indonesian (?). The reviewer posted a quick summary in English in the comments:
for me, the sound produced is quite good with a good low, not excessive and almost an expensive iem class in my opinion, the resulting detail is also quite good, the resulting mid is right in the middle, and the treble is also quite good, at the price presented in my opinion iem is worth buying

My pair has completed it's transpacific journey and is in Vancouver (customs). Only a continent left.

Apr 18, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #73 of 157
This review was posted on youtube in Indonesian (?). The reviewer posted a quick summary in English in the comments:

My pair has completed it's transpacific journey and is in Vancouver (customs). Only a continent left.

Haha yes I was one to ask for a quick summary in English. Sounds promising and hoping my set from Amazon will arrive in the next week or so. I did contact Linsoul UK and she said the estimated delivery date is worst case and should be here this month (rather than mid May).

Edit: 19th Apr... IEM's dispatched and tracking number in hand, hopefully have my initial thoughts later this week

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back