PMD vs. PCDP ?
Dec 1, 2002 at 11:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chivalry

100+ Head-Fier
hiyas all... i was just goin through some old stuff in boxes and came across a sharp MD-MT20 minidisc player i forgot i had!!!!! its in mint condition as i never really got round to using it much.. but was now wondering how these are thought of as a portable source? how do minidisc compare to cd in sound quality?? and is there and way anyone knows if htere is different quality of line outs with MD like with certain pcdp? if anyone has any info on this player or knows somewhere,, leme know plz... i might set it up beside me bed if its any good
biggrin.gif

thnx alot..!

Dec 1, 2002 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 2
Sharp's MDs have quite a reputation to uphold. generally, MDPs are considered to sound better than current PCDPs, from the headphone jack that is...thing is, MDPs usually don't have a real line out (not sure about that mt20 of yours tho), but you can simulate that by (usually) putting the volume on max and the EQ on flat (no bass-boost). if thats as good as a real line out of a PCDP, I can't really say. driving headphones without an amp tho, it'doesn't get that much better than a Sharp MDP with 10mW per channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back