Plz recommend!!!! Which Grado is fit to me?????
Oct 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

lja1125

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking for Grado phones!!

I've used Hifiman He-500 for just one week, actually i've used for less than 2 hours.

The reason why i sold He-500 even if i really liked sound of HE-500, It's too heavy for me.

I liked the sound, but it was so uncomfortable and heavy, so i couldn't focus on music.

so, i found Grado's are kind of lightweight headphone, and still have good sound quality.

I found that i don't like heavy weight phones, so GS1k, and ps1k aren't list of mine.

so, type of my favorite is pop, acoustic, jazz, and sometimes classic, but only string instrument like violin, cello, etc.

I like wide sound stage, too.

so, plz feel free to recommend BEST GRADO PHONES for me!!!!! 

and also could be non-GRADO phones.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 21
Quote:
Hi,

I've used Hifiman He-500 for just one week, actually i've used for less than 2 hours.

The reason why i sold He-500 even if i really liked sound of HE-500, It's too heavy for me.

I liked the sound, but it was so uncomfortable and heavy, so i couldn't focus on music.

so, i found Grado's are kind of lightweight headphone, and still have good sound quality.

I found that i don't like heavy weight phones, so GS1k, and ps1k aren't list of mine.

so, type of my favorite is pop, acoustic, jazz, and sometimes classic, but only string instrument like violin, cello, etc.

Phones with wide soundstage and good with classical music does not at all translate to Grados. You need to look at something different. How about the HD600/650s, they are relatively lightweight, good comfort, fantastic all-rounders (well the HD600, although the HD650 don't do badly). Wide soundstage also translates into the AKG K/Q701s. They also do very well with acoustic, jazz, classic, and they are pretty light, I guess. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #3 of 21
GS-1000 without cable: 270g with cable: 347g
Thanks for the jumbo pad, you cannot even feel it.

Not to mention it fits your music preference very well.
If you do not want to spend too much, Try AKG K702 or GMP 435/400/450

FYI
Senn HD800: official weight: 330g, actual weighting without cable can reach 390g
Grado RS-1 without cable: 170g

Quote:
Hi,

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 21
Thank you for recommendation.

I thought about HD600 and K70X or q701s, but i've heard they need "good' amp for good sound.

I'm waiting for anedio d2 dac, now, so is D2 gonna make them working good??

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

FYI
Senn HD800: official weight: 330g, actual weighting without cable can reach 390g

The HD800s distribute everything evenly mostly due to the circumference of the cups and pads used, so they feel extremely light on ear. Not sure about the GS-1000, but the cups on the PS-1000s were very heavy and put pressure mostly right onto the ear. The clamp wasn't hard, but the cups made it seem like you were wearing them for longer than you actually had. PS-500s are very light on the head, though. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

FYI

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 21
I really try to use HD800, but HD800 is more than my budget.

I'm not crazy for Classic, just like solo violin and cello.

and K70Xs sound nice, but does it lack of bass???

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:
I really try to use HD800, but HD800 is more than my budget.

I'm not crazy for Classic, just like solo violin and cello.

and K70Xs sound nice, but does it lack of bass???

The K701 might be a bit lacking in bass, but not by much, and it really depends on your reference quantity of bass. The Q701 is supposed to be a bit warmer and fuller in the low end. I think I heard this, but would have to A/B to make sure.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #9 of 21
Regarding what you want, Grados might indeed not be the best option, I have a 325is, I love it but while not heavy, it's really not comfortable, and sometimes painful for the ears over one hour listening
Why not trying Denon ? got the D5000 and it's for me the best all rounders, maybe not the best in one genre, but good for all

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:
Regarding what you want, Grados might indeed not be the best option, I have a 325is, I love it but while not heavy, it's really not comfortable, and sometimes painful for the ears over one hour listening
Why not trying Denon ? got the D5000 and it's for me the best all rounders, maybe not the best in one genre, but good for all

325is was comfortable for me, maybe because i just used it for few mins. I've never tried denon, but i prefer opened to closed.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:
325is was comfortable for me, maybe because i just used it for few mins. I've never tried denon, but i prefer opened to closed.

The Denons are pretty much semi-closed. They leak a bit, and don't really isolate all that well. Because of this, the sound is very open as well, much more open that the sr325is, or any lower-end Grado stock really.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:
The Denons are pretty much semi-closed. They leak a bit, and don't really isolate all that well. Because of this, the sound is very open as well, much more open that the sr325is, or any lower-end Grado stock really.

Thank you. I didn't know about that. I should consider denon phones, too. how about new denon d600?? Does it replace to d5000??

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:
Thank you. I didn't know about that. I should consider denon phones, too. how about new denon d600?? Does it replace to d5000??

The new Denon line haven't exactly been getting rave reviews. Something about the sound signature being totally skewed towards bass compared to the older series. Try and get the D2000s when they're around 200-300, the current price on Amazon is not worth it, IMO.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:
The new Denon line haven't exactly been getting rave reviews. Something about the sound signature being totally skewed towards bass compared to the older series. Try and get the D2000s when they're around 200-300, the current price on Amazon is not worth it, IMO.

okay. so you think denon d2000 is more recommended than k701?? for all around. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:
okay. so you think denon d2000 is more recommended than k701?? for all around. 

They're pretty polarizing sound sigs. People tend to like the K701s less, but that's because most people enjoy a warmer (the K701s are still warm) sound with more bass, that suits modern, electronic music better. The D2000s would have better bass that extends further and has better impact. If you don''t listen to them, you'll never know for certain which one you would like better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back