Plussound Audio Thread
Apr 4, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #1,592 of 1,758
Apr 4, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #1,593 of 1,758

Special thanks for everyone who has purchased from us and have supported us during the first 10 years we’ve been in business. We definitely not be around if not for the constructive feedback and comments to push us forward.

To commemorate this milestone, we revisited the first material we ever used for our cables and developed SILVER+. an all new pure silver variant featuring the latest 2-in-1 shielded coaxial type Litz design. Premiered recently at CanJam Singapore, the new wire features a matte grey outer PS insulation, proprietary dual shield / semi-conductive layer, and modified silver strands in the outer and center wires to further increase conductivity and ergonomics.

S+.jpgSilver-Plus Design.jpgDSC_1505.JPG

In addition, we are also pleased to announce that we will be offering HYBRID+. It combines both PLUS wires, copper and silver, to create a two-tone cable that provides sub-bass rumble with low noise floor and articulate highs. Perfect for those looking for a more balanced sound.

H+.jpgDSC_1507.JPG

Both Silver+ and Hybrid+ are available to order starting TODAY on our newly revamped website.

Last but not least, we are offering 10% off storewide for 10 days. Use the code YEAR10 to redeem. Open to new and past customers worldwide. Discount ends on April 14 11:59PM PST.

Hi C, curious, any reason why the Hybrid+ wire (or either of the Copper+/Silver+) is not available in the X8 configuration? Too stiff, too thick?

Apr 5, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #1,594 of 1,758
Hi C, curious, any reason why the Hybrid+ wire (or either of the Copper+/Silver+) is not available in the X8 configuration? Too stiff, too thick?

Can't speak for Christian, but yeah, the new design of these "+" wires make them stiffer. Exo is manageable for IEMs, but going to X8 will make it even stiffer and less mobile. Maybe for headphone use when sitting in the chair, but X8 for iems will not be comfortable.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #1,595 of 1,758
Can't speak for Christian, but yeah, the new design of these "+" wires make them stiffer. EVO is manageable for IEMs, but going to X8 will make it even stiffer and less mobile. Maybe for headphone use when sitting in the chair, but X8 for iems will not be comfortable.
So I guess the next question would be, how would a 4-braid cable with better (more advanced) wire be compared to an 8-braid cable with a 'lesser' (older tech) wire? Would it end up being zero sum game? I know it would be different, mixed copper-silver for a hybrid sound, etc, what about details, resolution, etc?

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #1,596 of 1,758
The + wires have shielding and a new design that increases the outer dimension by roughly 15%. As a result, it is very thick and less mobile when built into X6 and X8 models, so we wouldn't recommend it for IEMs. That said, we do accept custom requests off-site if interested.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Apr 5, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #1,597 of 1,758
The + wires have shielding and a new design that increases the outer dimension by roughly 15%. As a result, it is very thick and less mobile when built into X6 and X8 models, so we wouldn't recommend it for IEMs. That said, we do accept custom requests off-site if interested.
Hey Christian, thanks, I didn’t get a chance to listen to the Hybrid+ at Canjam, but did managed to test another brand’s similar copper-silver hybrid and was quite impressed. Anyway I’ll pop down to Zep to check the Hybrid+ out.

Apr 7, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #1,598 of 1,758
For those who are interested, I just posted my full review of PlusSound Silver+ and Hybrid+ cables :)

ps-silver-hybrid-plus-05.jpg

Apr 23, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #1,599 of 1,758
Got Exo SPC coming in, mainly for desk use, so I ordered 5 feet in length.
Most stock cables are 4 feet, it is too short to lean back on chair when at desk.
I once dragged iFi xDSD off my desk, so I decided to get a longer cable.

Apr 24, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #1,600 of 1,758
Apr 29, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #1,602 of 1,758
hi guys,

Do you happen to know of an alternative to Plussound when it comes to USB C IEM cables?

I reached out to them and they don't make those anymore, the ones with the mic controller option at least.

get any other usb-c dac dongle where you can plug in your cable?

Apr 29, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,604 of 1,758
get any other usb-c dac dongle where you can plug in your cable?
Have the UERRs and they work perfectly with my Exo with USB C and mic. Makes the IEMs sound great and serve also as a communications device, as i have them plugged to my Samsung phone and iPad Pro; when making phone calls or Facetimes is great. Getting a set of JH Roxanes and would like the same versatility.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back