Plussound Audio Thread
Feb 6, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #1,276 of 1,758
The logo should be facing your head (inwards) when the IEM's are inserted :)
Thanks

That's odd, I would expect a brand would want to have its logo visible to the public rather than two tiny brass screws?

Swapping mine around now.....

And did this test...

https://www.audiocheck.net/blindtests_abspolarity.php :ksc75smile:

Well.... 6 out of 10 ain't bad! eh?

..... ahem...!

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 15.42.15.png

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #1,277 of 1,758
Thanks

That's odd, I would expect a brand would want to have its logo visible to the public rather than two tiny brass screws?

Swapping mine around now.....
I had this issue with the connectors. I also thought that the logo would face outwards and the pin inwards. The cable still worked but I realised something was wrong when I heard a familiar song and realised that the instruments were reversed on the soundstage. I then checked out a @twister6 review (free plug:thumbsup:) to see how the cable was connected to the IEM in one of his Plussound pictures.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #1,278 of 1,758
Just got my bluetooth cable last night, glad to see someone else with pretty much the same impressions. I'd add that I can basically only use 1 fairly low volume setting, which is still slightly too quiet. Anything louder will blow out my eardrums and anything softer is basically off. Looking forward to the firmware updates from plussound.
Been using it during work and at home, battery life seems to be pretty good, got 8 hours on a single charge one day. But the sound will randomly stutter every 30mins or so. This happens on both my phone(ldac) and macbook(aptx) with the device a foot or two away.

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #1,279 of 1,758
Does a Macbook have Aptx? Isn’t it AAC ?

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #1,280 of 1,758
Been using it during work and at home, battery life seems to be pretty good, got 8 hours on a single charge one day. But the sound will randomly stutter every 30mins or so. This happens on both my phone(ldac) and macbook(aptx) with the device a foot or two away.

Is your phone and MacBook paired to other devices besides the module? Are you near a router by any chance?

Does a Macbook have Aptx? Isn’t it AAC ?

MacBooks support both AAC and aptX. The module uses the better codec by default.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Feb 6, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #1,281 of 1,758
Good to know. What a pain Apple don't do AptXHD

Feb 6, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #1,282 of 1,758
We are aware of this. We’ll have a firmware update in the near future.

Thanks for the response! If a firmware is all it takes to eliminate the white noise then this would be one of the big advantage over others. Updatable module that fixes/improves usability and somewhat futureproof.

That said, there are a few points you could consider that i hope can be included in the next firmware update:

1) As mentioned, the beep when pairing is quite loud. Hopefully able to reduce the volume for pairing mode.
2) The steps for volume increase/decrease is quite big with the volume control module. In between 2 clicks, the volume went from quite soft to audibly louder. Hope there is another 1-2 steps in between for a gradual volume increase instead of a big jump.
3) I also noticed intermittent cut offs in connection. This happened when i had paired 2 devices (iphone & ak sp1000m) together. Both devices and my iPad were in close proximity with me. Would interference happen due to that?

Feb 7, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #1,283 of 1,758
Thanks for the response! If a firmware is all it takes to eliminate the white noise then this would be one of the big advantage over others. Updatable module that fixes/improves usability and somewhat futureproof.

That said, there are a few points you could consider that i hope can be included in the next firmware update:

1) As mentioned, the beep when pairing is quite loud. Hopefully able to reduce the volume for pairing mode.
2) The steps for volume increase/decrease is quite big with the volume control module. In between 2 clicks, the volume went from quite soft to audibly louder. Hope there is another 1-2 steps in between for a gradual volume increase instead of a big jump.
3) I also noticed intermittent cut offs in connection. This happened when i had paired 2 devices (iphone & ak sp1000m) together. Both devices and my iPad were in close proximity with me. Would interference happen due to that?

Appreciate the suggestions! The first firmware update will be aimed at improving performance based on feedback received thus far. #1 and #2 will be in our to-do list. For #3, there can be interference if multiple devices are in close range.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Feb 7, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #1,284 of 1,758
If at all possible, please make firmware easy to implement for Mac users. (Not launching Terminal etc. :scream:)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #1,285 of 1,758
Hi all

Just received new Plussound BT cable and working fine with Earsonics ES3’s. Here is order info:
Echo Series Custom Bluetooth Cable
(Copper (Type 6 Litz)) Connector : 2-Pin / 0.78mm / CIEM (JH Audio / 64 Audio / Noble / etc.)
Sleeving : Black
Left Connector Heatshrink : Black (Blue Logo)
Right Connector Heatshrink : Black (Red Logo)
Cable Style : Default (Module on the right side)
Slider : Aluminum (Black)

Comments:

1. Coverage distance is slightly better than my Lear and TRN BT cables
2. Sound overall is cleaner and clearer
3.Length of cable is just right for me not too long and not too short

Attachments

• 91042F0C-293D-4B22-8F95-075E91116BAC.jpeg
    91042F0C-293D-4B22-8F95-075E91116BAC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • D41A0D72-F792-4ACC-99F0-D665B7100EFB.jpeg
    D41A0D72-F792-4ACC-99F0-D665B7100EFB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • EBFF4F2B-3094-479B-80BE-63611BA1395F.jpeg
    EBFF4F2B-3094-479B-80BE-63611BA1395F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #1,286 of 1,758
Hi,

I wanted to point out the very good follow up from PLUSSOUND (Christian) in adapting the X16 (Cu,Ag,Au) to the MySphere 3.2
Comparing to XLR stock cable the X16 brings a very audible improvement on the richness heared for example on the pianoforte left hand.
High quality components, recommended.

xPmP4.jpeg

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #1,287 of 1,758
:astonished: WoW :metal:

Hi,

I wanted to point out the very good follow up from PLUSSOUND (Christian) in adapting the X16 (Cu,Ag,Au) to the MySphere 3.2
Comparing to XLR stock cable the X16 brings a very audible improvement on the richness heared for example on the pianoforte left hand.

xPmP4.jpeg

Feb 13, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #1,289 of 1,758
Hi all

Just received new Plussound BT cable and working fine with Earsonics ES3’s!
Just wanted to let you know, the left and right are reversed.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #1,290 of 1,758
Hi,

xPmP4.jpeg

What cable materials are those again? Which cable is it in plussound site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back