Plugs recommended for ER4Ps
Oct 7, 2008 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

jaar

New Head-Fier
I had recently purchased a set of Ety's ER4Ps and they sound wonderful. However, the tri-flanges doesnt fit my ears well as they keep dropping off after sometime... tried all 3 and none was the best fit.

Any recommendations on other plugs I may try??.

Oct 7, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 21
Heard that the shure soft flex and olives are good as well. Can I assume that the sizes are the same as the tri-flanges??. Unfortunately I do not have access to all tips here locally and need to import.

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 21
If they're falling out, you probably aren't seating them deeply enough. ER-4P fit very, very deeply (which gives them their excellent isolation properties).

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 21
I have actually inserted as deeply as possible... even came to a point where it hurts. However, the flanges doesnt hold... upon some movement the flanges tends to slip and the bass just goes together.

Will try the shures and give them a go.

BTW, saw a thread talking about the etys being fragile... is that true??.

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 21
Etymotic's orange/pink foam tips are brilliant, they stay in my ears and provide the very best isolation. And no, the Etys are not fragile - but if you abuse anything it will break!.

Oct 8, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #9 of 21
I went with the Comply P long foam tips. I've had a set of ER4S in the past and like the foam tips with them. However, when I got my recent ER4P, the foam tips did not rebound and seal as well. I found the tri-flange tips to provide a great seal, but became itchy and uncomfortable. I purchased some Comply P long foam tips on eBay, and they've sealed as well as the tri-flange tips while being very very comfortable. The Comply foam is very soft while still rebounding to make a good seal.

Oct 8, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #12 of 21
Been using comply P slim tips
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #13 of 21
Shure black foams/olives kills the enjoyment of etys, seriously. Get comply tips. That's what I'm using now. Comfort to the max as well as not distorting the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #14 of 21
Been using triple flanges, I am pretty sure you're not going deep enough. When its totally in, the whole flanges is like at least 5mm into the ear, even the largest of the 3 flanges is totally in, its a really tight fit which makes the ear a little exhaustive after a few hours. But doesn't fall out at all, Im having problem removing it many a times too.

Oct 9, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #15 of 21
Thanks Possum, went thru the site and saw that they do have many types as below:

- Foam Tips (T Version & P Version)

Comply Foam Tips T-100 Series
Comply Foam Tips T-200 Series
Comply Foam Tips T-400 Series
Comply Foam Tips P Series
- Whoomp! Earbud Enhancers
- Comply NR-1 High-Performance Noise Reduction Earphones
- Comply NR-10 High-Tech Noise Reduction Earphones
- Comply NR-1CS All-in-One Stereo MP3/Mobile Phone Earset with Noise Reduction
- Comply NR-1CM Hands-Free Mobile Phone Earset with Noise Reduction

Which P version would be usable for Ety's ER4Ps??.

Hope to hear from you guys soon....

Ratix0, if I push the triflanges any deeper, I'd hv to scream as I think it is very deep as it is. Want to try something a bit more comfy.

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back