Plug broke off in my iPod jack. Help!
Aug 18, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 7
Oct 26, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 7
I made a video that covers basically how I fixed this without you being required to buy replacement parts or RMA or do anything of the sort. I uploaded it to youtube. Basically, you only have to spend ~$4...

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

(sorry about the audio, youtube managed to get it off track)

But this will work. You just have to be careful with the super glue.
icon10.gif

And by the way, I kept the video technicall simple for a "general" intended audience.

Oct 27, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 7
happened to me recently. the tip came off cleanly so i saw there was a recess in the remaining part of the jack. when i looked in the socket i could see the tip, there was the metal stub in the center which would've fitted in that recess in the jack body. so i just put a *tiny* amount of superglue in the recess & plugged it into the socket normally & held it down a few seconds. was able to retrieve the tip on the end of the jack & there was no superglue around the join or inside the socket. phew! headphone jack was finished though.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #7 of 7
You wonderful techies! It worked on the first try. I used the remaining part of the broken jack because I figured the two broken pieces would have a closer fit. I put a tiny amount of superglue on the remaining part, scooped out any excess with a toothpick, stuck it in the port on my iPad, and didn't leave it in long enough to really do any damage by gluing the whole thing inside the iPad jack. I waited about 3 seconds before I pulled it out. Lovely! Thank you!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back