Pls help me to identify between Fake&Real ATH ESW9 to get refund from Paypal.
Jul 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 38
You already have the info you need. We can't see the entire headphone, because you havn't taken any out of the box. Just file eBay/Paypal complaints right now. If it doesn't work out, you could always sell fake ESW9's on eBay.
darthsmile.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 38
Why such a strong effort? Your evidence, as it is, is substantive enough to warrant a full refund. If you make a claim, you will win. That's how it works.

With eBay and PayPal, the buyer wins 99.9% of the time in claims/disputes. Sellers are very easily shafted, especially if you file it as item not as described. "Sold as-is" doesn't mean crap.

You merely have to ship all of those fakes back to the seller after the claim is settled in your favor, and you're good.

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #6 of 38
You don't buy Audio Technica from eBay. There are too many fakes out there, and it's just a headache waiting to happen. I think I saw a Head-F1 on eBay. C'mon. Obviously a fake Grado HF2.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #7 of 38
Hope to not burst your bubble - but if the seller has already cashed out your payment, then PayPal will NOT pay. They ONLY pay when the seller has funds to cover the transaction in their account.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #8 of 38
A real/fake question I have. I purchased a pair of ESW10JPN from eBay and am 99% positive they are real. One thing I have noticed and hopefully someone can confirm. I have been frequently polishing the cups due to fingerprints by rubbing them vigorously with cotton shirts - and the lettering is starting to rub off - that's common..right?

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #9 of 38
Sorry to hear this happened to you. You're absolutely right about the differences (having once owned a ESW9 myself). The headphones you show in your picture are indeed fake. Sadly, most of the time if a deal "is too good to be true" it really is.

I hope everything turns out alright and you get that refund.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #10 of 38
if you payed using a credit card, issue a charge back.

It's the best way to get your money back.

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #11 of 38
One general rule applies: if it looks to good to be true, it probably is.
That said, I feel sorry for you that you got so many fakes. You seem to have enough evidence as is, so send it in and hope the seller has not taken his money yet. And leave feedback for others to learn!

Jul 25, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #12 of 38
I bought a plastic fake one on Amazon, but got a refund..

I think there are thousands of these around..
Indeed, when it looks to good to be true it isn't true most of the time.

Good luck on your refund, don't wait with your claim

Jul 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #13 of 38
ive had a bunch of problems on ebay and with other online companies over the years...dealing with paypal is a waste of time...contact your cc company (hopefully amex) and file a claim, let amex or whoever deal with paypal...

you will win 100% of the time, especially if you have the merchandise and are willing to return it.

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope to not burst your bubble - but if the seller has already cashed out your payment, then PayPal will NOT pay. They ONLY pay when the seller has funds to cover the transaction in their account.

This might be true. Usually when a seller is dubious and a dispute or two have been filed, their account is frozen so that funds can be recovered (the 20-day holding period helps with this, but not sure if it is pro-rated to account feedback). If you didn't leave positive feedback and it's been less than 20 days, you should be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back