Please suggest Over ear headphones
Feb 10, 2009 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

miggs78

Head-Fier
I need headphones that will meet the following requirements please:

1) Comfortable, usage for long periods.

2) At least should cover the whole ear, not on the ear which really hurts.

3) Prefer Closed headphones, since I will be using them for travel purposes.

4) I do have a tiny head, so something not too long would be great.

5) Lastly, unfortunately with a budget of $120US (CAD$150). I live in Canada.

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 18
Circumaural is the word you are looking for. I've got an ATH-A900LTD which sounds alright from a portable device and my friend has an ATH-A500 which sounds quite good at a friendlier price.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 18
More suggestions please..
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 18
You can find cheap Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros floating around

Sennheiser HD280s are 120 Canadian Ive found.

As mentioned the ATH A5/7/900's, but no clue on prices there.

crap im trying to think of closed phones, but it seems most in my knowledge are open.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 18
770s typically have awful bass and little-to-no treble if unamped/amped incorrectly, and I dont think he is looking for a headphone that requires an amp (hence the ATH suggestions)

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #13 of 18
Yeah been talking to Boomy over PMs. (Thanks).. I owned a Senn HD 202, which he mentioned were the smallest Circum-aural cans someone can ever have, (which were almost good for me), he said almost anything out there was going to be larger for sure.

The sound on the HD202s weren't all that great, I am a man of listening to alot of electronic music i.e. techno, trance, anything with good beats (except for rap, reggae).. so bass for me means a lot, those sounded recessed.

As I had mentioned, I also have the AKG K 518 DJ, honestly if the pads on them were a little bit more softer they would have been great. Apart from me, lots of others users also mentioned that they seem to hurt the ear quite much after about 30-45 mins of usage..

Wow looks like I am almost stuck..

edit: digitalfrog after seeing you reply, I'll see if I can take a pic tonight with my head..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back