Please suggest gift for my bass player son
Nov 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rjalex

New Head-Fier
Dear friends,
My son is studying, practicing and occasionally playing gigs and recording in his quest to become a pro bass player. For xmas I'd love to give him a music related present and was thinking about a decent headphones. I'd like to find cans which can help him appreciate the bass lines of the music he listens to on his portable devices and maybe something he could use while practicing (our neighbours would pay if such a thing exiated) so please forgive me if I am not knowledgeable enough to give you full specs but i'd look for comfortable around ears, sturdy, with a good but not "coloured" bass rendition. Budget would be 150 +/- 50 euros approx. Thanks a lot

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks so much MadMoxxi. Could not find one here in my country and really wanted to buy before the XMas rush clogged the mail system and so after a lot of reading I went for a Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor and hope I made a good chouce. One important decision factor is the supposed ruggedness of the set LOL :) That kid is sweet as molasses but can be a steamroller with objects :)

Take care.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 5
  Thanks so much MadMoxxi. Could not find one here in my country and really wanted to buy before the XMas rush clogged the mail system and so after a lot of reading I went for a Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor and hope I made a good chouce. One important decision factor is the supposed ruggedness of the set LOL :) That kid is sweet as molasses but can be a steamroller with objects :)

Take care.

Nice choice! Your son sounds like me, I'm also a novice bassist with a tendancy to steam roll object, 

let us know how he enjoyed his headphones! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back