Please Suggest Earphones For Sansa Clip
Nov 7, 2008 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

CrazyDelta

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I am a new to this scene and I was hoping some of you lot could help me decide which pair of earphones I should buy tomorrow.

I got myself a Sansa Clip earlier this year but I'm not very satisfied with the earphones that came with it. I mostly listen to it on my way to work and back and I take the subway, and it can be quite noisy and it seems I am always listening to the music over the noise in public.

I mostly listen to Rock, Industrial, Heavy Metal, etc. But I also listen to other stuff from time to time.

My budget is about US$60

I think I would prefer In-Ear types as they tend to have better noise isolation. I use to have a pair of Philips ones that I got for like $20 and they were decent except I always had some size problem with them. This time I am willing to spend a little more.

I have picked a few choices here after reading the boards and looking around at prices, so please advise if I am on the right track or just give me your choice or opinion. Cheers. Thanks.

(Note: I don't use any amps or anything, just my Sansa Clip)

Denon AH-C351
Sennheiser CX400
Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50
J-Jays
Sound Magic PL-30 (if I can find these)

Thoughts...?

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 11
Koss KSC-75 is on sale for 5.47 USD @ radioshack

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 11
re: Koss KSC 75

1) you said you preferred in-ear to isolate the sound of the subway. I think noahlapuz did not read your post because these Koss are on top of the ear.

2) most radioshacks do NOT have these Koss on sale at that price, and most do not have them at all.

so, caveat emptor.

I second the reco on the denon c551.

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 11
So I ended up getting the Denon AH-C351

I went to the store and I tried out most of the choices listen above. And in the end, I was most comfortable with the Denon ones.

It was a truly excellent place to shop as they let me sit down and just relax and listen to my music and find out for myself which ones I preferred. However, the girl working there also told me that the Denon ones were preferable in their price and value range for the kinda music I like.

I was also told that these Denons were one of the more popular ones they had and were outta Black color ones due to excessive demand. So actually I ended up buying them from another shop.

Anyways, I am just wondering, do I need to perform a burn-in for these? This is the first time I have actually spent a good buck or 2 on a quality pair of earphones, so I really want to get the best possible quality in sound.

Nov 10, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyDelta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I ended up getting the Denon AH-C351

I went to the store and I tried out most of the choices listen above. And in the end, I was most comfortable with the Denon ones.

It was a truly excellent place to shop as they let me sit down and just relax and listen to my music and find out for myself which ones I preferred. However, the girl working there also told me that the Denon ones were preferable in their price and value range for the kinda music I like.

I was also told that these Denons were one of the more popular ones they had and were outta Black color ones due to excessive demand. So actually I ended up buying them from another shop.

Anyways, I am just wondering, do I need to perform a burn-in for these? This is the first time I have actually spent a good buck or 2 on a quality pair of earphones, so I really want to get the best possible quality in sound.

Good call. The Denon C351's are very good hybrid IEM's for their low price. Their only major flaw is their slightly recessed midrange - but even that's forgivable, considering that they retail for under $50.

Nov 10, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #10 of 11
push up the 4k range on the equalizer and you will remove the muted vocals!

May 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #11 of 11
I received suggestion for my sansa clip+ from one site form UK.
What do you think about?

Sony MDR-XB20EX In-Ear Headphones - http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/Sony.76/MDRXB20EX.AE/Sony_MDR-XB20EX_In-Ear_Headphones.3809.html

Sennheiser CX 270 Headphones - http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/Sennheiser.48/CX270/Sennheiser_CX_270_Headphones.4249.html

Sennheiser CX 200 Street II Earphones - http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/Noise_Isolating__Passive_.265/Sennheiser.48/50254

I personally bought JVC In-Ear Marshmallow HAFX34.

It's good choice?  I have one day to delete my order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back