please remove.
Sep 22, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 5
I guess Massdrop 6XX would be the best option.

I personally got HE 4XX because imo it offers better overall sound especially for my liking which is similar to yours, but i can't guarantee about its build quality, it feels rock solid, but people claim that screws pops out etc. Also they feel very fragile due to its weight in case if dropped i bet the weight of it could fracture the plastic since it feels like its the hard plastic which breaks easier than "soft" plastic, for example Philips SHP1900 has that soft plastic and they're unbreakable headphones ( i did durability test on them by throwing them to a wall as hard as i can and it survived, then i jumped on them and after couple of tries it broke on the inside where the driver cover is, meanwhile other headphones with "hard" plastic breaks on its own :D ).

This might help:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...ne-showndown-hd6xx-vs-k7xx-vs-t-x0-vs-he-4xx/

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Hello guys, I am searching for an approximately $200 headphones with a sound signature really similar to ATH-M50x but with a better soundstage and build quality. Main things i want is a clear, wide and punchy mid bass and high bass with medium or little low bass, so that it doesn't mess up the whole song. I will mainly use it for critical listening and mixing. I also will use it to listen to music in my spare time. I really liked the sound on M50x and its signature was really well, only other headphone signature i liked before that was Sennheiser's HD 4.50.(Sennheiser's signature is really good in my opinion even though i never tried high end products of it)

That doesn't sound like it'll be close enough to the sound of the M50X for them to sound "really similar" considering how the M50X is markedly stronger at 30hz to 70hz vs 1000hz.

Two things are most important:
1- Sound signature(near flat response with mid-high bass focus)

At best maybe there's the HD650/6XX which while also strong at the low end is an open back headphone so to the listener whatever ambient noise is there (even if you think there isn't any) typically drowns out some of the very low bass (conversely, the idea to begin with was to boost that region so that it doesn't get obscured by ambient noise).

2- Build quality

I want to use these for at least 10 years without worrying. I also listen to and produce Electronic Dance Music, House Music mostly. I honestly despised the mids on Beyerdynamic so i will probably pass that one.

HD650/6XX. You can get replacement parts from Sennheiser, although your country/regional distributor can make that more problematic. I'm in SEAsia and I'd much rather order from Sennheiser USA using our US address (otherwise they'd refer me to the local and regional distributors, the former being utterly and hopelessly useless, the latter not being much help in making the local distro less useless).

Sep 22, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Hello guys, I am searching for an approximately $200 headphones with a sound signature really similar to ATH-M50x but with a better sound stage and build quality. Main thing i want is a bass that is same as M50x, but exact reverse of a DT770. I will mainly use it for critical listening and mixing. I also will use it to listen to music in my spare time. I really liked the sound on M50x and its signature was really well, only other headphone signature i liked before that was Sennheiser's HD 4.50.(Sennheiser's signature is really good in my opinion even though i never tried high end products of it)
Two things are most important:
1- Sound signature(near flat response with M50x like bass focus, also high mids-low treble should be good) 2- Build quality
I want to use these for at least 10 years without worrying. I also listen to and produce Electronic Dance Music, House Music mostly. I honestly despised the mids on Beyerdynamic so i will probably pass that one. Thanks in advance
What source(s) will you be plugging the headphones into?
Having a strong bass/treble is going to overshadow the mids (like the DT770).
The Soundmagic HP151 might be something for you to check out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back