Please recommend me something... I'm stuck!
Sep 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

tophery

New Head-Fier
I am currently looking to buy in-ears that cost around $20-50 USD. I know there are a BUNCH of threads that involve ~$20-50 dollar earphones, and trust me, I have read my fair share. So, for those of you who are going to post a bunch of different threads involving $20-50 earphones, there is no need. I just cannot choose a good, sturdy pair of earphones because whenever I decide on something, I see another option. I would like an in-ear with good bass and sound quality. My standards aren't too high but I do like my bass. Also, I would appreciate something a bit stylish and not like the PL30. (I'm still a teen
wink.gif
)

I have read countless threads and even forgot which earphones were which. If I can remember, I was choosing between these:

Meeltectronics M9
Soundmagic PL50
iMaximo 590
Radius atomic bass
Senn CX300
Beta Brainwavs
Nuforce 7m
Radiopaq Jazz

I'm open to any suggestions and they are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 13
I haven't really noticed the different colors. The only color I saw at the time was the silver one. To me, they seemed like cheap plastic pieces. I guess some people see things differently.

Edit : I just checked out the black and white PL30s at dealperfect and strangely, they seem much prettier.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #6 of 13
The SoundMagic PL21 was recently recommended to me, although I have not ordered...yet?

I personally liked the NE-7 before I got my more expensive IEMs. When I first got them they were head and shoulders better than my V-Moda bass freq and Philips SHE9500. And they definitely don't lack the bass!

If you can stretch your budget, the Denon C710 has ample bass and is very detailed and clear.

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #7 of 13
I have one PL30, I think its look is OK. The main point is that it is comfortable to use it. And its sound is really good!

Like the PL50 as well, will try to get one soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 13
You didn't say anything about your sound preferences, so narrowing it down is difficult. The best all-arounders IMO are the PL50s, Im-590, and Ai-M6. The Jazz are great too if you like a warm, smooth signature, but I think they somewhat over your budget.

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #9 of 13
pl-50 has awesome mids buts it may be bass light for you

im-590 is a good balanced alrounder

the jazz has a delicious fat bass line going on and good mids too

as a normal person you probably want the jazz type bass, a friend recently tried my betas and his comment was they have no bass at all, normal people are accustomed to lots of bass

Radiopaq Custom Tuned Earphones for Jazz HiFi Headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back