Please recommend a good movie
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

miscreant

100+ Head-Fier
... about guitar or guitar music
must be fun ... like Tenacious D but with much less f... words and less offencive in general.

or some very fun guitar concert videos.

for kids - an educational event.

Thanks!

Oct 22, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 11
thanks!

but what was that movie where .. i think steve vai played the bad guitar-guy. deal with satan and everything..?

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #6 of 11
Woody Allen's Sweet and Lowdown? Sean Penn plays an early 20th century guitarist obsessed with jazz-guitar god Django Reinhardt.

I dunno, the Talking Heads concert video Stop Making Sense might also be kinda interesting. David Byrne starts the concert alone on acoustic guitar, and then the band builds to full strength one instrument at a time. Might have some educational value. Just a thought....

Oct 23, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #7 of 11
Try watching "Once". Maybe not for kids, can't really remember. Acoustic Irish guitar player made a movie about himself becoming a recording artist.

Oct 23, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #8 of 11
My college students would recommend, "The Wall" by Pink Floyd.
If you want silly, try "Liztomania" starring Roger Daltry as Franz Lizst. Aweful film and well deserves an "R" rating.
Anything by the Wiggles might be cool. If you are 3 or 4 years old. Or a parent like me.

Oct 23, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 11
Spinal Tap? rated R in '84 but probably pg-13 by today's standards. Educational? Perhaps not. Funny though.

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try watching "Once". Maybe not for kids, can't really remember. Acoustic Irish guitar player made a movie about himself becoming a recording artist.

Great movie, unfortunately many F-bombs made it an R rated movie. OST is great and even won Oscar for Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 11
"A Hard Day's Night" (the Beatles). its a ton of fun for kids and adults. (and introduces these kids to good music)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back