Please Recommend a good budget portable DAC for my iphone
Mar 31, 2020 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Charlovski

Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I have ordered a pair of IMR R2 Aten IEMs and I plan on using them with my iPhone, could anyone please recommend a good portable DAC I could use that’s fairly budget friendly.
Would these IEMs be ok to run with my iPhone and a DAC ?

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 8
I am not familiar with the IMRs but I did go through a long period of trying dac/amps with my iphone and finally gave up and bought a DAP. I can tell you that I will not look back. The problem I always had was stacking the phone and the amp. First its bulky and finicky but also I found that all that I have tried when the combo is in your pocket and you are moving the volume will change from rubbing in your pants. I currently have the Fiio q1 MK2. It sounds good and much better than straight through the phone. Its a good option at a good price if you still want to go that way.

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 8
Hi everyone, I have ordered a pair of IMR R2 Aten IEMs and I plan on using them with my iPhone, could anyone please recommend a good portable DAC I could use that’s fairly budget friendly.
Would these IEMs be ok to run with my iPhone and a DAC ?
Wow, spend all that cash to buy an iPhone, but still need to buy a separate DAC, guess your iPhone is over priced.

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 8
Did you try any of the Audioquest dragonfly products, they are both a DAC and amp in one?
I am sorry I don't have any experience with dragonfly and I wasn't aware that they worked with iPhones. If they do I think that could be an option. But then you are up there in the dedicated player price point.

Apr 3, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Wow, spend all that cash to buy an iPhone, but still need to buy a separate DAC, guess your iPhone is over priced.

you don’t “need” to buy a dac, the phone will play just fine with a lightning to 3.5 converter. But it’s not like Android super special most awesome fantastic phones are cheap either, and people use dac’s with those...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back