1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Please recommend $100-$150 IEMs that can be worn with cable straight-down

1. lgmcben
    Budget:

around $100-$150

Source/Amp:

Laptop, Tablet, Phone

How the gear will be used:

It's annoying taking off/putting on my Shure SE215 when someone calls me at work/home. So I prefer this one to be worn with cable straight-down. Easy to take off / put back on.

Preferred tonal balance:

I prefer neutral, no-colors-added sound. But if something need to be added, I'd prefer mids/treble instead of bass.

Preferred music genre(s):

Videogames / films music, Classical. I study music composition online (Udemy) and sucessfully composed some videogame tracks. (for fun only though)

Past gear experience:

I love everything about my Shure SE215, Shure SRH440, Audiotechnica ATH-M50. However, I just discovered a world of cheap chinese iems just yesterday. I found out about some crazy ones. (like KZ AS16 with 8 armature drivers for $100...).

Me: ...try to research more about these chi-fi iems...

My wallet: "Don't even think about it."

What aspect of your current listening experience would you like to improve?

I never owns an iem with armature driver before so I'd want to try one this time. Would also love to try those with multiple drivers too. (now that price is within reach thanks to those cheap chinese brands)

Thank you in advance! :)

2. serman005
    Not sure if you can stretch a bit, but the Campfire Comet at $200 meets a number of your criteria. I suppose it's always possible to find one used as well. Just a thought.

lgmcben likes this.
  3. davidcotton
    Comets were going to be my recommendation as well. If you don't mind b-stock alo warehouse have a few savings as well :)

lgmcben likes this.
  4. BananaOoyoo
    IMO Final E4000 handily beats the Comet in that price range. (It’s a DD though)