What is the best can for heavy metal?
What do you think??
I'm considering SR60.
Will it rock????
basshead.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 12
Yes, I think they're great for metal, not all flavors, but most of them
smily_headphones1.gif

Would usually recommend the MS1 though I haven't heard them, but I can find the SR60's to be to sibiliant with certain recordings. But since you already own the MS-Pros I'm not sure.

I'm guessing you'll use them for portable, no?

Mar 18, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 12
If you live by riffs, anything by Grado. They play guitars like nothing else. Overall Alessandro MS1 is safer choice cuz it works with every style of metal, and not overemphasize uppermids as much.

*edit* He has MS-Pro!? What more do you need? Unless its exactly the more excitement factor, then JBL L830 guess you could jump to pure-bred Grado line.

Mar 18, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 12
I choose to listen to metal through Beyer DT770 Pro/80s because I like the heavy bass that the can offers for that genre. But I listened to metal for 2-3 years with SR-60s before this and was plenty happy.

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftoned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing you'll use them for portable, no?

Yeah I'll use them with my ipod unamped.
I'm currently using the koss ksc35.They are great but I want something new.
biggrin.gif

I'm not so sure which to get.

Mar 26, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by niktheblak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any Grado. Any Alessandro. They will cruelly and brutally mutilate any competition in heavy metal.

As Uncle Erik said, get the best Grado or Alessandro you can afford.

Comming from a dude who listens almost exclusively to all genres of Heavy Metal, and has owned just about every model of Grado headphone:

Word!

The only exception being the GS-1000. They just didn't 'do it' for me quite the way the RS-1s do.

Mar 26, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 12
Since you already have MS-Pro I suspect you have a pretty good idea of what the MS-1 sounds like. You could even use the same pads and have almost the same feel so there would be no sonic or physical shock there....uh, the headband would be a "little" shock. So that one is almost a no-brainer if it's the right sound for sure.

And from my understanding, the Grados are about the same with a bit more "fun" tossed in!

One nice thing about the SR-80 over the SR-60 is that you can also get it with the 1/8" plug which is easy on the iPod and the four conductor cable, and with the bowls you probably are already comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back