PLEASE pray for me
Mar 2, 2006 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 173

Lisa

Headphoneus Supremus
Some of you may know that I'm seriously ill. I have CFIDS and I can't leave my bed except for going to the shower and I need help with that.

Things have gotten worse lately and they are getting even more worse by the minute.

Last week I had to go to the hospital to have an X-ray taken of my teeth. 1 tooth needed to be pulled out. I went to the hospital lying on the front seat of the car. Was sitting on a wheelchair in the hospital en lied on a bed for 5 min while waiting. Was in the jaw surgeon (sp? is that the right word?) seat for 10 min. mostly lying down too. Had my tooth taken out and went back home the way I got there. I was out of my bed for less than an hour.

It's a week later now and I'm still VERY sick from that outing. I was soo sick when I got home that I couldn't believe it was possible to be so sick and still be alive. It was absolute hell. And it still is, just a tiny bit less. I could do nothing anymore. I had to ly in bed with no sound and no light and my eyes closed and still do that most of the day now.

But more bad things are happening.
Now I get the news that the funding for the help I used to get (because I need care to do normal daily things) is stopped. We already fought it and they said no again. Now we have to make it an official courtcase. I don't have the strength anymore.

This is a cry for help.
There are other things wrong with my teeth and I need to go to the dentist, hopefully I can get everything done at once while I go 'under' (when they put you asleep to do surgery) but this might take too much from my body and I don't know if it's possible. But going to the dentist isn't possible either.
And my jaw still is troubling me from the tooth that's been pulled and I'm so scared of complications because I can't go back to the hospital now, I'm so sick, I'm afraid I won't survive.

About the funding. The outcome isn't final just yet. There are some other people that will take a look at it but it's looking grim.

Only thing I can think of is to ask you to pray for me.
I wouldn't know what to do if there would come complications from the tooth pulling. That needs to go well!

Can you PLEASE pray for me that all these things will turn out well. And if you're not religues please cross your fingers or think postive thoughts. Whatever can help, I really need it right now.

Thank you.

Lisa

P.S. If I don't reply soon than it's because I've changed ADSL lines and got a rotten connection and I'm still very very sick and most of the time not capable at being at the computer.

P.P.S
If you are willing to pray for me to get a little bit better so I can go to the dentist that will be much appreciated too.

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 173
You're in my prayers, Lisa. God bless and speedy resolution to the challenges you're facing.

For those wondering what CFIDS stands for, I believe it's Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome. I looked it up.

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 173
I'm with you Lisa. When it comes to dental problems pinkie is your man! You WILL survive and you WILL be OK I'll make sure of it by sending you positive thoughts from Rainbow Foil HQ! Please don't even think that you won't make it Lisa, you will, you will be fine.. if I could get over there to cheer you up I would but I can't so I'll have to do it via telepathy... you're feeling a bit better now aren't you? I'm sitting here covered in rainbow foil sending out happy thoughts via teletransporation to you!

Don't you dare tell yourself you won't make it! I know it's hard but think positive thoughts and have good self talk, nothing negative please just good positive self talk ok? That's an order to you!

I'm thinking good positive thoughts about you and I'm sure everyone else here will now you have to think them too girl.

Chin up and don't worry about the dentist or the teeth, just keep rinsing with warm salt water and you'll be fine (yeh, I know it sounds revolting but it works!!!) No need for me to cross my fingers I know you'll be OK but if you want I will cross my fingers for you <crosses fingers now>

All the best and keep us updated on your progress.

Mike.

xx

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 173
Lisa, get better soon. Good luck with all your troubles, and I'll offer as much prayer support as possible.

+1 PM sent to God.
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 173
i'll be praying for you.

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 173
The level of compassion on this board still astounishes me.
eek.gif

I'm not a religious person, but I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you (though it's a bit hard to walk like this
tongue.gif
). Get well soon, we'll be waiting for you to return!
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #9 of 173
I know what it's like to be completely bedridden.

Best wishes.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #13 of 173
Thanks so much guys.

Quote:

The level of compassion on this board still astounishes me.
eek.gif

And thank God for that.
smily_headphones1.gif

I feel a bit better knowing that my head-fi friends care, and that alone will speed up my recovery I'm sure.

Now I'm going to eat some more thick soup(chewing still a bit of a problem) and try to sleep again.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #14 of 173
You have my prayers Lisa. God has a plan and reason for everything, and He will not forget you. Be strong, you can do it.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #15 of 173
I hope all goes well for you my dear lisa. I'll be rootin' for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back