Please Make Recommendations
Oct 11, 2009 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

iamloco724

100+ Head-Fier
i listen to mostly rock and metal..ive tried the yuin pk3's and g2a both i really wasnt to impressed with..the pk3s compared to my current old sony mdr-j10's really dont sound all that different to me..the g2a's i had to turn the volume all the way up on my player to even get to hear it decently.

im looking to spend no more then 100 would prefer to spend less like 50-70 range but 100 is my max...im looking for something thats comfortable,does not produce microphonic sounds that are audible when listening to music since i will be mostly using these when moving around.quality wise im looking for something with depth in the sound..good bass but not thumping bass..i prefer none isolating a little isolation is fine but not complete

would appreciate any and all recommendations thank you

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 7
If you want them to be small and not isolating, your options are limited -- can't do too much better than the Yuins, I don't think. If you can go a little bigger, then the Grado SR60 (now SR60i) is a great choice. If you use IEMs, people talk about how some isolate more than others but the bottom line is you have to get a "seal" to make them sound right, and if there is a seal, there is going to be pretty significant isolation.

Edit -- I probably should have mentioned the mini-headphone category, e.g. the Koss KSC75.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 7
well in that case forget my comment about the isolation what about with everything else i said any recommendations..the isolation is the least of my concern so if they are isolating no big deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back