Please implement a fixed width layout :)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2017 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

audioandy

Head-Fier
Many people are browsing on wide screen monitors. Having the forum reading width stretch to 100% of the width of the page lowers reading comprehension. I think this point is obvious and doesn't need anything to back it up, but I guarantee you some people won't understand why. Just consider that every single book ever published has roughly the same width of text for a reason. Please implement an (alternate, doesn't have to be default) fixed with template for these forums. I PROMISE you that people will be happy with it after it's done.

I know there are people who think "works fine for me" or "no one will use it" or "there's no reason for this" or "just make your browser window thinner." This isn't meant to be an argument about an obvious improvement. Just a feature request!

Jul 1, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 2
We had a fixed layout when we launched "version 2.0" of the new site. We used the same fixed width we had on the old platform, but the feedback we received was that people did not like having the width limited and wanted it to adapt to the size of the browser window. Maybe we can look into adding a setting that will let Head-Fi'ers choose fixed or variable width.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back