Please Help... Senn HD25-1 II Cable Replacement Issue
Sep 26, 2010 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ioimod

New Head-Fier
I've got my hd25-1 ii for half a year and find that the sound is nice but it feels not very "smooth" . It sounds that replacing the cable will help. 

A lot of people say Sennheiser Replacement Cable 81435 fits the jack and the headband groove, works fine.

Also someone says it should be Cable 37974

And even more, makes me real confused...

What I want is an inexpensive stock cable fits the jack, groove (so I do not have to invert the caps, but I do not care the two sides are equal-length) and the overall impedance is no more than 100OHMS. Is there any cable fits? 

Sep 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 6
What a coincidence, I wanted to make a similar thread about this subject.

Basically, I replaced my stock steel cable with the one I got with my latest HD25 purchase. I believe it's the 515640 Replacement Cable but I'm not sure, especially since it's not 3 meters in length. I do however notice the difference between the stock steel cable and this one, so hence assuming that it's a copper cable.
I wouldn't say that the difference is night and day, but the 'copper' one sounds a little clearer, the bass tighter and the overall stereo imaging wider.
However... what I also noticed was that with bass heavy tracks it began to show signs of distortion (overdrive). It seems like it lost some of the headroom which was present with the steel cable.

Tomorrow I'm hopefully going to try out the HD650 cable, but I'm a bit worried about the loss of portability due to the fact that you have to flip the earpieces to connect the cables from the bottom.
There's also the option of getting the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables, but with prices that are multiple times higher than the cans themselves, I guess I'm going to pass.

Source: iPod 5gen with Rockbox software.

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
What a coincidence, I wanted to make a similar thread about this subject.
Source: iPod 5gen with Rockbox software.

Quote:
You want the HD600 cable. That one is thin enough to run through the headband groove.

[size=medium]
AppA & Aizura

Thank you for reply

So hd600 cable works? Is that Replacement Cable 81435?
[/size]

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Yup, that is number 81435. I have both the HD650 and HD600 cable and I honestly don't hear any difference between the two.
I've even heard some people say the HD650 one is worse because it's meant for higher ohms. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back