Please help reccomend me new headphones, Changing from my UE Tfi10
Jul 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bwalker36

New Head-Fier
HI All,

I am looking to get some new headphones as my cat chewed through the cables on my triple fi.  I Find IEM to not fit me well and want to get a pair of regular cans to use when I'm on the train and in the office.  I would use my Audio Technica's but they are open and we all know that won't work lol. 

I am looking to spend between 200-300 including an amp if needed.  My main sources will be my razer blade14(2014) and my Galaxy S4.  I will be using a combination of FLAC and MP3 audio.  I will occasionally use them with my desktop which has a Soundblaster with a 600Ohm headphone port.  Finally I will be predominately listening to rock/alternative with some classical/hiip-hop mixed in occasionally. 

I'm not that familiar with over the ear cans but by ATH-700's are very comfortable.  I would love to be able to buy from any major store so I can pick up today since I have no headphones for my train to Boston on sunday.

thanks everyone

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 2
So after looking online and reading some reviews I went to the store.  I ended up in a guitar center that allowed me to try a bunch of them out.  I ended up purchasing the Bayer DT 880 Pro.  My phone doesn't power them the best but they sound awesome on my computer and even through my phone sound much better then anything I have used already.  They did not seem to have much leakage at a normal volume so I should be good on the train.  

Now I'm thinking I will want to get a portable amp to help them out on the go, Any ideas there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back