Please help...Need advice on bass earphones!
May 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

torrenteg

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I'm trying to buy a set of new earphones and I really need your advice.

Currently, I own pair of brainwavz m4 but the left side of the earphone stopped working recently. I believe it's caused by the cable that bends around the jack so I'm thinking to get one with straight jack/cable.

What I'm looking for is an earphone with really good bass for minimal-techno, drumandbass genres for around 80 pounds or 100-120 USD. The brainwavz m4 apart from being broken now, it was really not what I expected in terms of bass. 

After browsing numerous threads here including the basshead club, I have a few that I'm thinking of but I'm still not sure.

Hippo VB and Beyerdynamic DTX101 iE ( jack is not straight so I'm not sure)
Hisound Woodou 2 (not 100% about the red color)
Monster Turbine (although some ppl here don't think it's worth the money)
Xears (went on their own website and there is a huge selection)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

May 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #2 of 4
Let's think about Brainwawz R1. Double dynamic drivers. Wide soundstage and bass much better than M4. Cost something about 45-50$.
I bought one for my son, he is "basshead"
regular_smile .gif
too.

Another one OEM with good bass -  Bose Quit Comfort 15 , but they are start from  230-270 $

May 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Let's think about Brainwawz R1. Double dynamic drivers. Wide soundstage and bass much better than M4. Cost something about 45-50$.
I bought one for my son, he is "basshead"
regular_smile .gif
too.

Another one OEM with good bass -  Bose Quit Comfort 15 , but they are start from  230-270 $

Thanks for the reply. To be honest though, I don't think I'll buy Brainwavz in the future, as the M4 lasted for less than a year in my case.

Will check out the Bose but, that is a bit over my budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back