Please help me with my homework assignment on headphones...
Nov 25, 2002 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

skyway

Head-Fier
Hello fellow head-fiers!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a small request for some help on a homework assignment due tomorrow morning at 10:00am. I wouldn't normally ask for this sort of thing but I had a fairly big Java programming project that is also due tomorrow and due to my lack of time management the other project was put on the wayside.

Here is the situation: I have to do a quick 2-3 minute oral presentation on a hobby. I would like to do it on headphones and the benfits of the individual models I own, and their intended purpose.

I currently own:

Grado SR80
Sony MDR-V6
Sennheiser HD600

The report is to abide by the following format:
For the hobby or interest impromptu, you will organize a one- to two-minute presentation to tell us about your hobby or interest. You will pick three main ideas to focus on.

In the introduction, you will state your topic and provide the audience with an overview of the main points.
In the body, you need to make a clear transition from one main idea to another. You also need to clearly introduce each idea as you start talking about it.
In the conclusion, you need to make a clear transition so your audience knows that you are wrapping up. Then, you need to either summarize your main idea(s) OR provide a review of your main points.
Evaluation of the hobby or interest impromptu will be on the organization of your presentation. You will need to have a clear introduction, body and conclusion. You will also need to have clear transitions from one idea to the next. You will also need to be consistent in your approach to your presentation. Specifically, you will be evaluated on whether or not the following points exist and are clearly differentiated. You can use the following outline to help you:
Introduction

topic
definition
overview of main points (three main points for this assignment)
Body

idea one
idea two
idea three
Conclusion

summary of main points
OR

review of main points

So in a nutshell I am hoping that someone might do me the favour of helping out with some of the finer points of each headphone so that I may compile them into a short oral report in the above format.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

PS If you feel the need to flame for my lack of planning and time management skills I will objectively consider all constructive criticism.
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 7
In a one or two minute presentation, there is no room for "finer points." Just bring up one strong simple idea about each headphone, and tie them together with some common theme such as the reason why owning different headphones helps you better appreciate music.

Nov 25, 2002 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by shivohum
In a one or two minute presentation, there is no room for "finer points." Just bring up one strong simple idea about each headphone, and tie them together with some common theme such as the reason why owning different headphones helps you better appreciate music.

I'd have to agree with shivohum.. no way NEAR enough time to get into the finer points in 2-3min. if it was 20-30 min though
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 11:11 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by skyway
PS If you feel the need to flame for my lack of planning and time management skills I will objectively consider all constructive criticism.
biggrin.gif

i certainly don't because i understand.. i'm posting this at 3:10am. why, you ask? i've got a research paper due tomorrow
redface.gif
tongue.gif
. but anyway, i think shivohum's idea is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back