Please help me find new headphones!
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

redme

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking for cheap headphones (preferably $25 or less) that will offer decent sound quality, comfort, and durability.  I've heard good things about the Monoprice 8323 and Sennheiser HD202 II - can anyone give me any suggestions as to which one I should get, or recommend some other headphones that I may have overlooked?

Thanks so much!

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking for cheap headphones (preferably $25 or less) that will offer decent sound quality, comfort, and durability.  I've heard good things about the Monoprice 8323 and Sennheiser HD202 II - can anyone give me any suggestions as to which one I should get, or recommend some other headphones that I may have overlooked?

Thanks so much!

The Monoprice 8323 sound good for headphones that cost under $25.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 12
Just got done listening to the Monoprice a few minutes ago to compare them with some others. They are nice and durably made for $25 and the detachable cable is a plus but I would say that the JVC S400 for sure has an edge on them in sound. Got mine for $25 but last I heard they have gone up to $30.

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 12
The JVC HARX700s are truly exceptional. You can usually get them for $35 if you look around. I've also seen the Superlux 681s recommended at this price range, but bear in mind that these are open headphones and won't block any outside sounds.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 12
Superlux HD661 or the Panasonic RP-HTF600. Both can be found for little money. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 12
I haven't heard of any good headphones tha cost less than 25 dolls...... maybe some aiwa will be good............

Sent from my PMP3270B using Tapatalk 2
my3uqe5a.jpg

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
I haven't heard of any good headphones tha cost less than 25 dolls...... maybe some aiwa will be good............

Stick around the forum and you'll learn. 
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 12
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

I probably should have said so earlier, but I'm looking for headphones mostly for listening to music on my iPod, and maybe occasionally for gaming/movies.  I read on these forums that sometimes headphones are so high-quality that they will pick up minute flaws in mp3s, making average-quality music files sound terrible...but this shouldn't be a problem with the sub $25 headphones that are being recommended, right?

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 12
With a pair of monoprice 8323s you'll probably be able to pick up problems in low bit rate mp3s. Just try to keep your library above 256kpbs and you'll have no problems, I'm sure. That means no youtube to mp3 converters or downloading mp3s lower than such. 192 is acceptable with some genres, but you'll still want to keep your library higher bit rate.

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 12
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

I probably should have said so earlier, but I'm looking for headphones mostly for listening to music on my iPod, and maybe occasionally for gaming/movies.  I read on these forums that sometimes headphones are so high-quality that they will pick up minute flaws in mp3s, making average-quality music files sound terrible...but this shouldn't be a problem with the sub $25 headphones that are being recommended, right?

I wouldn't worry about it. I also don't think those monoprices are too terribly detailed or revealing anyway having just tested them yesterday.

How "average quality" are we talking here?

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Stick around the forum and you'll learn. 
wink.gif

Hey man...... how does this cheepo compare with hd650 or other headphones?

Take care.....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back