Please help me find a decent, $25 iem from Amazon !!
Oct 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

XmarX

Head-Fier
I got an Amazon giftcard worth $35 from AMD and would like to buy an iem using it. I'm from India and the shipping charges I guess is $10 max(?) So I have $25 to spend on the iem !! My priorities are 1. wide soundstage 2. details 3. 'true' bass 4. freq response should be uniform (!) Btw, its for my Samsung Wave and I listen music at min volume ! Also please post any good deal or discount coupon if you find for Amazon !! Thank you !!!

Oct 24, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 11
Definetely the V-Moda Vibes, and as a 2nd the MEEelectronics M9. The Vibes have over 400+ pretty positive reviews, and the cord is one of the best cords I have seen. I have the Vibes and they beat the stuffing out of any IEM in it's price range. The price has come down substancially and these previously were up to $100.00 when they first came out. The Vibes have excellent Bass, good treble and good midrange. I have many IEM's and the Vibes consistently beat earphones over twice their price. You really can't go wrong with these, and although I have switched to MTPC as my new earphones, I had used the Vibe as my primary earphone for a good year and they have held up really well. 

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #8 of 11
Guys, how is the Jlabs J3 ??
Is it better than the M9 ?
@ZV3
Many reviewers says that Vmoda Vibe have a very muddy low end !
Is it true?
Does its muddiness affects the mids and highs and how much ?
Please reply !
BTW, Vmoda Vibe is at 24.99$ @Amazon

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Guys, how is the Jlabs J3 ??
Is it better than the M9 ?

Cold and bright. Definitely not better than the M9 overall but it has some pluses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmarX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many reviewers says that Vmoda Vibe have a very muddy low end !
 Is it true?
Very. But it's possible to do much worse (e.g. Sennheiser CX300). I'd still go for the M9 if you're locked into amazon.

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #10 of 11
The V-Moda can be muddy, nothing a couple of notches on your EQ can't smooth out. It destroys the M9 and J-Labs stuff though. The V-Moda has good bass AND pretty good treble and mids. The V-Moda is a quality unit with a great cord and great aluminum housing. The M9 was far too sibilant and has little bass, no matter what tips you use. After days of burning-in, they did not get any better. I hate to throw another unit in the mix, but I hear good things about the Lift Audio Icon 6 for $19.99. To my ears, the V-Moda sets the standard at this price point and has the least comprimises. Check the reviews on the V-Moda aside from Amazon, they are generally very good. Nothing else in this price range will give you as much good Bass without sacrificing the mids and treble. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back