Please help me decide on a pair of in-ear headphones.
Aug 22, 2011 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NoahZ

Head-Fier
A few months ago I was in the market for nice-ish On Ear Headphones. I asked around in all the wrong places, and wound up with a fairly expensive, very flimsy, not terribly nice pair. They were a gift, though, so I don't feel too terrible about basically trashing them since it's not my money.
So I'm transitioning away from on-ear for the most part since I'd like something smaller but more noise cancelling. 

I go insane when I'm looking at a product like headphones. Spending more than $50 bucks on something, with this much variety... it's hard to choose. I'm looking to spend between $50 and $150 dollars, though I could spend as much as $200 (really, what else do I need to spend money on besides headphones, haha?)

Currently, I'm looking at 8 different pairs that run the price gamut: 
-Monster Turbine
-Monster Turbine Pro Copper
-Klipsch Image S4
-V-Moda Vibe
-Grado iGi
-Etymotic MC5
-Etymotic HF5
-Sony MDR EX310LP 

I'm aware that the Turbine Pro Copper is supposed to be the "nicer" entry in the Turbine line, and I know the HF5 is generally considered (or priced) to be "higher quality" than the MC5, but I simply cannot decide between all of these. Obviously the Turbine Pro Copper probably has a leg up on many of the others listed here, but I'm asking about sound quality and value. 

If you could recommend one (or more) of these, or rank them, or just give me something to go on so I don't spend a large amount of money on something I then throw away, I would really appreciate it. I figure I've come to the best place to get input about this (because the best I got on Yahoo Answers was "Buy the 10 dollar marshmallow ones at Wal-Mart, they sound as good as Bose and when they break you can replace them easily!" and that just made me laugh.)

Thanks!

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 2
By the way, I've also looked at the Vsonic Gr07. So add that to the list I guess... -sigh-.

And apologies for posting this as it's own thread, instead of in the new bulk thread. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back