Please help me choose between these top IEMs
Aug 3, 2010 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

K-MONEY

Banned for flipping
Looking to purchase one of the IEMs below.

Just pick one off the poll and comment if you like.

It doesn't matter how I will use it, I just need the best of the 3.

thank you very much!

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 27

Quote:
Looking to purchase one of the IEMs below.

Just pick one off the poll and comment if you like.

It doesn't matter how I will use it, I just need the best of the 3.

thank you very much!

It kinda does matter though, because "best" is a relative term, depending on what you're looking for.  Have you considered the DBA-02s?

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 27
I gave you a vote for the UE Triple.Fi 10s since they are more neutral than the other two.  My theory is that you'll find them satisfying over a wider range of music, with the ability to cut or boost whatever frequencies you want with an EQ to shape them up to your tastes.  From the comfort and wearability standpoint, they are the weakest choice of the three.  If you're ear canals are narrow, or if you plan to exercise with them a lot, don't get them.  As Dev Avidon says, you'll get a lot more out of this poll if you tell people your tastes in music and what listening experiences you've had which were enjoyable or not so enjoyable.

Welcome to Head-fi.org which will undoubtedly entice you to spend Ks of $$$.

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #5 of 27
mark you even like the ie7s better than the coppers right? I would be interested to here your thoughts of the miles davis if you ever get to try them out

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 27
I have both the TF10 and MTPC and would hate to have to choose between them. They sound very different, but each is very enjoyable in it's own way. I'm one those people with weird ears that find the TF10 to be very comfortable

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #7 of 27
Have to go with the Coppers on this one, tried the Triple Fi's and found the mid's to be a bit recessed and the fit was just downright horrible. The fit might not be issue for you but even without the fit issue still preferred the Coppers.

Can't speak about the IE8's having never heard them for an extended time.

Aug 4, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #9 of 27

Quote:
mark you even like the ie7s better than the coppers right? I would be interested to here your thoughts of the miles davis if you ever get to try them out

yes but id say they were on a similar level, it just happens that i love the sound signature of the IE7, the coppers i think were rather disappointing given the hype.  i really expected to like them more than i did.  i think id really like the MD but the odds of me hearing it are slim as it not really available in the UK and after the coppers im not inclined to buy a set.

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #10 of 27
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both the IE7's and IE8's, but after owning all three I'd rather have my Coppers.  The Copper's fit my preference for sound reproduction better than the Senn's.

Quote:
btw despite some may have said, the coppers are not top table stuff and are just outclassed by both the TF10 and IE8

For your taste?  In your opinion?  According to??    just teasing you Mark..
beerchug.gif

I disagree about the IE8 outclassing the Copper's, but that's My Opinion.  The only area I feel the IE8 does better than the Copper is in soundstage presentation.  IMO the IE8's highs aren't in the same league (rolled off, no sparkle), the mids (sound slightly recessed) can be swallowed by the mid-bass hump and they sound warm and veiled overall in comparison to me.  I loved and missed my IE8's until I burned in my Copper's, now I don't miss them at all.

i just know Monster Turbine Pro Copper need  amp
if u want better performance

The MTPC's sound great to me straight out of my Clip+ and my iPhone.  I do like them amp'd but they do well on their own, you'll just have to turn the volume up 10-15% higher then the IE8's.

Quote:
yes but id say they were on a similar level, it just happens that i love the sound signature of the IE7, the coppers i think were rather disappointing given the hype.  i really expected to like them more than i did.  i think id really like the MD but the odds of me hearing it are slim as it not really available in the UK and after the coppers im not inclined to buy a set.

I too loved the balance of the IE7 as well, but always felt they were lacking something, some sparkle, some bite, some punch.. something.. To me, the Copper's are a polished IE7, they shine bright, the mid's sing and they hit hard when called on, all without the Sennheiser veil.

I'd like to hear the MD's as well, just to compare them to the Copper's

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #11 of 27
ill agree the 7 doesnt extend as far as some will want but unless you can de treble spot on id much rather it roll off than give what the coppers give.  they peak early and offer an aggressive, harsh treble that lacks finesse and detail.  the 8 can shimmer the way things should be and offers one of the very best trebles ive heard in terms of clarity and micro detail.  the coppers for me are simply too coarse to be able to sit at the top table.

of course just as the 7 dont get to sit at the top either but remain one of my favourites i can see why someone may prefer the coppers over the 8 just as i prefer the 7 over them too

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #12 of 27
Ok, I listen to:

Rock, Rap, Hip-Hop, Pop, and mostly everything else...I listen to a varitey of different kinds of music. I understand there are IEMs specialized for Jazz or Classical only, but I'm not that type of guy. My playlist is always filled with random generes.

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #13 of 27

Quote:
Ok, I listen to:

Rock, Rap, Hip-Hop, Pop, and mostly everything else...I listen to a varitey of different kinds of music. I understand there are IEMs specialized for Jazz or Classical only, but I'm not that type of guy. My playlist is always filled with random generes.

I'm the same way, most nights I hit shuffle and listen to everything. Any top quality IEM should work for all genres. It's more about their presentation than anything.  The better IEM's adapt well to whatever you're listening to and should be almost transparent.  If you're looking to listen to your music and not the IEM, you can't go wrong with the MTPC's or the IE8's.  I never found myself analyzing them, except right out of the box.  After burn-in, I could pop either of them in and listen for hours.  I used to think I was a basshead, but after owning Grado's, I find I like a little more shine at the top.  The copper's gave me that sparkle up top that I like from my Grado's, but the MTPC is no Grado.. LOL  (I wish they were) 

If I could only choose between the MTPC or the IE8, I don't think I could make a bad decision.  I could live with either one for the rest of my days and enjoy listening through them.  I'm not sure about the TF's, I've never heard them.

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #14 of 27

Quote:
btw despite some may have said, the coppers are not top table stuff and are just outclassed by both the TF10 and IE8

I think i would have to agree, the monster golds/coppers are not really top tier ,neither is ie8 in my opinion  although i think the coppers out class the ie8 in every way except for soundstage 

Tf10 gets my vote 

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #15 of 27
Well said, thank you sir.

Quote:
I'm the same way, most nights I hit shuffle and listen to everything. Any top quality IEM should work for all genres. It's more about their presentation than anything.  The better IEM's adapt well to whatever you're listening to and should be almost transparent.  If you're looking to listen to your music and not the IEM, you can't go wrong with the MTPC's or the IE8's.  I never found myself analyzing them, except right out of the box.  After burn-in, I could pop either of them in and listen for hours.  I used to think I was a basshead, but after owning Grado's, I find I like a little more shine at the top.  The copper's gave me that sparkle up top that I like from my Grado's, but the MTPC is no Grado.. LOL  (I wish they were) 

If I could only choose between the MTPC or the IE8, I don't think I could make a bad decision.  I could live with either one for the rest of my days and enjoy listening through them.  I'm not sure about the TF's, I've never heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back