Please help, JH16 without amp?
Sep 1, 2010 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

markdjr

New Head-Fier
I was curious what those who have the JH16 thought of them when listening to them unamped.  I have been able to demo the JH11 and JH13, and when listening to them unamped it was a no brainer for me, I would have taken the JH11 in a heartbeat (I am no audiophile and not looking for neutral, I liked the bass, for me the JH11 was probably the best phone I'd heard).  That being said if the JH16 was similar, but maybe bigger, for lack of a better word, I'd gladly take them.  Looking at the specs, the JH13 has a higher impedance than the JH11 and JH16, so it seemed logical that there would be a difference in the thump I was feeling without the amp, but I'd love to hear the impressions and feelings of those who have been able to listen to the JH16. 

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 5
JH16Pro bass quantity is close to UE11Pro (little less than UE11Pro) with more midrange details..........

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 5
I am not familiar with the UE11, I was hoping for someone that could comment on the comparison between the JH11 and JH16, particularly while unamped.  Thanks though.

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Relying on a 61-year-old's memory (you have been warned!) from reading the JH13 and JH16 appreciation threads, my recollection is that they both sound great unamped.   Of course, much depends on your source(s).   Also, reviewers/users hav said that using amps with these two does take them to another sonic level.

I really hope my memory serves me right.

Sep 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 5
I have listened to the JH13's unamped and in my opinion they are really lacking, I am assuming it is due to the higher impedance.  The volume and definition I got off the JH11 was much better, so I am just assuming that the JH16, with the same impedance as the JH11, will sound even better while unamped (and hopefully/obviously fantastic amped).  I will follow up my question with a review in a week or so when mine arrive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back