Please get rid of the rollover ads
Aug 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TMRaven

Headphoneus Supremus
I was disallowed to even view the other Rollover Ad topic in this subforum by the admin team, and I've brought it up to you guys multiple times over the past 4-5 months.  Jude assured something would be done about it a looong time ago, yet here we are months later with no progress.

If the staff selectively refuses to not respond to the posts in the other thread, I'll make a new one, and I'll continue to do so until you guys choose to outright ban me.  It's morally wrong to neglect your community and even restrict them from posting complaints.  Believe it or not many people do care about this issue.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 5
For some reason I'm only now beginning to see those ads. Ridiculous.

The one I see now (Secret, clinical strength) plays a 30 second video and when you mouse over it takes over my whole screen to play an even more elaborate video + sound. Static ads are one thing but this is too  much.

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 5
Even if they don't have full control over what kind of ads get put on the site, the admins and webmasters/tech team still hold responsibility for contacting the ad-delivery people about getting rid of these troublesome ads.  When head-fi had automatic play ads that played sound no matter what, the admin team made sure they were gone within days because of the great amount of complaints.  There's been complaints about these ads as well, but not to the same magnitude.  It's been months upon months and it just seems like the people who run this site have been lazily forgetting about the issue and not choosing to fix it-- which just strikes me as low and dirty.

If more people can join in with complaints maybe we can get something done about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back