Please delete
Jun 17, 2020 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

InstantSilence

1000+ Head-Fier
Shortly after getting into audio I came across gimmicks of surround sound for your headphones.
Well most were poor simulations that left me more discouraged.

I wanted something for poor recordings to mitigate the sharp peaky sounds by enlarging the spaciousness around sound (not necessarily soundstage)
Also for games ect.

I tried waves, ooyh, atmos ect.
All were generic until Redscape! What a clean software, with a hrtf style sliders to suit to your own hrtf better. It's not perfect but it's the best yet, also not ridiculously expensive like ooyh.
Truly amazing the options in it to change the sound to add and substrat effect the smart way. Also a built in eq to die for. Truly comprehensive.
Im geeking out here! I can listen to poor recordings now without having a bright tone.
I can enjoy Tidal way way more. A true out of your head feeling
The 4z and tt2 are still super resolving and warm. It doesn't break fidelity, all it takes is tinkering with the options. There aren't many. But they are quality.
Easy to use, hard to master. But I don't think I can go back to listening without them. Only when I want the in your head headphone feeling.

This is surround virtualizer to die for! Love it! Give it a try guys, it has an online demo and it's actually realistic to what you get.
One of the best purchases I made.

Anyone else use this gem?

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 13
As a fan of surround audio virtualization over headphones and user of Waves NX myself, Redscape looks promising. I did not know about it before, but now I will definitely try it. Thank you.
Its truly way better than wavez, ooyh
Because it allows to tinker to a hrtf style of head shape/ear shape.
Powerful eq as well. A clean look and a nice surround effect without loss of fidelity.
Im surprised there aren't more users talkign about it!
Its truly awesome, I'm floored

Jun 18, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 13
Are you using the head tracker? As I am not playing anything Virtual Reality anytime soon, I am thinking of getting just the software without the HT, because it doubles the price.

EDIT: That is why I wonder if it is worth paying twice as much for getting the head tracker.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 13
Are you using the head tracker? As I am not playing anything Virtual Reality anytime soon, I am thinking of getting just the software without the HT, because it doubles the price.

EDIT: That is why I wonder if it is worth paying twice as much for getting the head tracker.
I got just the software but I'm so impressed I'm getting the tracker too.
Software is kick ass!

Jun 18, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #6 of 13
I played with the trial for Redscape for a bit last year and found it exceptionally good. I also had some very good interactions with their support team. At the end of the day, the whole "virtual sound device" style of surround app became cumbersome and I settled on DTS:X for a bit before springing for an SB AE9 for SBX surround. But I do class Redscape as the best software 3D I've used out of DTS:X, Atmos, Sonic, Spatial Sound Card, Razer Surround, WavesNX, OOYH, HeSuVi, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Jul 1, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 13
I played with the trial for Redscape for a bit last year and found it exceptionally good. I also had some very good interactions with their support team. At the end of the day, the whole "virtual sound device" style of surround app became cumbersome and I settled on DTS:X for a bit before springing for an SB AE9 for SBX surround. But I do class Redscape as the best software 3D I've used out of DTS:X, Atmos, Sonic, Spatial Sound Card, Razer Surround, WavesNX, OOYH, HeSuVi, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Hi, for what purposes/tasks did you test the Redscape for?
- 3D gaming (positional accuracy of sources)?
- Movies with 7.1 soundtrack?
- VR?
- Something else?

In what way did you find it exceptionally good?

Thanks!

Jul 1, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #8 of 13
Hi, for what purposes/tasks did you test the Redscape for?
- 3D gaming (positional accuracy of sources)?
- Movies with 7.1 soundtrack?
- VR?
- Something else?

In what way did you find it exceptionally good?

Thanks!

Only for (non-vr) gaming. The exceptionally good was in regards to the positional audio cues and ability to accurately find the sources of sounds in the game world.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #9 of 13
Thanks for posting this. I've been using the 1More Spearhead VRX headphones for the last year for gaming which has WavesNX built in:

https://usa.1more.com/products/1more-spearhead-vrx-gaming-headphones

The Redscape demos sound good, and searching around I found this write-up:

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/redscape-audio-software-headtracker-review

I like that with Redscape, I could use any headphones and sound card. The 1More Spearhead VRX are very good, but I wouldn't call them my best headphones, and the adjustments available in the Spearhead VRX software aren't as extensive as what's in Redscape. Does anyone know if Redscape supports per-app profiles? There are games like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice which unfortunately have HRTFs baked into their audio (it expects you to use headphones) so the audio won't work properly with a real/virtual 7.1 device or head tracking, so when I launch a game like that I'd want plain 2.0 audio with no 3rd party HRTFs and head tracking turned off. Would be nice to have that happen automatically, rather than me having to reconfigure the settings manually.

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #11 of 13
Actually it keeps cutting out and drop outs, quite dissatisfied with it, wish I could get a refund
Is the head tracker you are talking about here? Is it not responding as you expected?

I purchased the software. For the last few weeks I have been using it mainly for gaming (The sims 4 on Windows, not a game where positional audio matters much, that is a fact), but also while watching some videos on Youtube and some stereo channels on TV (yep, I have a DVB-T tuner card in my PC). I have also listened to some stereo music with Redscape. The only content type I have not tried yet is 5.1 or 7.1 movies (important type of content, I know). So far I am not impressed at all. In fact, I would say I prefer Waves NX for by a big margin, which costs much less. Only time will tell if I keep using Redscape or get rid of it.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #12 of 13
Is the head tracker you are talking about here? Is it not responding as you expected?

I purchased the software. For the last few weeks I have been using it mainly for gaming (The sims 4 on Windows, not a game where positional audio matters much, that is a fact), but also while watching some videos on Youtube and some stereo channels on TV (yep, I have a DVB-T tuner card in my PC). I have also listened to some stereo music with Redscape. The only content type I have not tried yet is 5.1 or 7.1 movies (important type of content, I know). So far I am not impressed at all. In fact, I would say I prefer Waves NX for by a big margin, which costs much less. Only time will tell if I keep using Redscape or get rid of it.
I too am disappointed now

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #13 of 13
I too am disappointed now
I may have speak spoken too quick too soon. I have been enjoying a few songs from Dead can dance at high volume with Redscape for the last fifteen minutes or so and it certainly sounds very cool, man. I think some of the reviews out there mentioned that point. That you need to play whatever content you are listening to at high volumes to actually notice the positive effects of Redscape. Just be sure to not go too high with the volume and not listen too long to avoid injure your hearing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back