Please advise on next IEM purchase
Aug 7, 2018 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

r3forge

New Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I would require some advice on my next IEM purchase from you as the market is pretty overwhelming.

I am mainly listening to electronica like:
Dave Tipper,
Spoonbill,
Moderat,
Noisia,
Ivy Lab,
Current Value,
Christian Löffler,
Stephan Bodzin, ...

I have owned the following IEMs:
Sony MDX650ap, [sound a bit weak, no drive]
Samsung EO-IG955B -tuned by AKG, [sound a bit muddy]
UiiSii T8s, [missing mids, no precise bass]
Beyerdynamic Byron InEar, [disliked the mids, poor hights]
Beyerdynamic IDX 200 iE, [disliked the mids]
Soundmagic E10C, [missing the depth, poor soundstage]
Sennheiser CX3.0, [poor soundstage]
Sennheiser Momentum InEar [new personal reference]

Currently I am using the Sennheiser Momentum IEMs @ PC with an ASUS Xonar Essence One.
I like the sound signature of the Momentum in general. As far as I can tell they have a slightly U shaped sound signature.

However I would like to improve the soundstage scale with my next IEM purchase. Maybe also add a little more sparkling to the higher end. I have already ordered the Final E3000 to check out the soundstage scale praised in many reviews. I have the option to return them within 14 days if I dislike them.

What do you think? Can I expect a big improvement regarding the soundstage scale by spending more cash on the "1More Triple Driver" or "iBassio IT01"?

Or would the difference only be incremental and I should save up for the "LZ-A4" which are known for their out-of-the-head soundstage?

I would be very glad to get some advice on that.
Also any other suggestions are welcome of course.

Cheers
Richy

Aug 10, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you both for the reply!

After testing the E3000 I found the soundstage a bit larger than the Momentums. But all in all the E3000 were lacking the speed and accuracy of the Sennheisers. I decided to send the E3000 back.

The Etymotics ER4XR are available for only 275 USD on massdrop right now. This is really a steal for Europeans around Germany and Austria they cost 400 EUR. I will order them and check them out. If I should dislkie them, I still should be able to sell them on the same price.

Cheers,
Richy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back