Playlists
Apr 20, 2004 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
I recently picked up a HD player for use when I am away from home and don't feel like lugging a PCDP, Cd's and an amp. I have been kept busy ripping my CD collection and moving it over to the player. The idea of playlists seems very useful and I was wondering how you use them. I am sure there are as many ideas as users. So far I have a couple for the gym and classical on another.

Apr 20, 2004 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 7
attachment.php

These are the playlists on my Archos Jukebox; actually I haven't used something else than «Alle» until now...

peacesign.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 7
Er...it'd help a little bit if we knew which HD player you have?
That said, I'd guess the most popular program for making playlists (or at least the one which can be used with the most players) is probably Winamp.

Apr 20, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomegranate
Er...it'd help a little bit if we knew which HD player you have?
That said, I'd guess the most popular program for making playlists (or at least the one which can be used with the most players) is probably Winamp.

I have a Nomad Zen Xtra. My question is not how to make a playlist but rather how did you choose what should be in them and why. I made a couple of them for the gym and one with Classical music but the Classical one has a lot of music on it already. I guess this isn't too bad if you use the random play feature. I was just curious how you all organize your music.

Apr 20, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 7
"I have a Nomad Zen Xtra. My question is not how to make a playlist but rather how did you choose what should be in them and why."

Sorry dude, my mistake.
I don't really use playlists that much myself, unfortunately I usually find it too much bother with my player (iHP-120). When I do bother, one of the things I've done is make a load of massive playlists of music I haven't got round to listening to properly - random CDs I've bought over the years, music I've copied from friends, and so on.
The only other thing I do is make a "cool tracks" playlist of whatever handful of songs I'm listening to at any period.

Apr 20, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pomegranate
The only other thing I do is make a "cool tracks" playlist of whatever handful of songs I'm listening to at any period.

Now I feel like a dolt, tracks not entire CD's! I must be getting old as that did not occur to me. I just moved entire CD's. A best of list it was right in front of me the entire time.

Apr 21, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 7
See....Because of this thread, someone learned something new. I love this place.
etysmile.gif

I'm pretty sparse with my playlists. If I have any spoken word sets, I'll usually set up a playlist for those, for example, the Star Wars radio plays, which I absolutely love.

Mostly though, I have one megalist with about 2000 tracks that I set on shuffle. It's like having my own radio station where I never hear the same song twice for weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back