Playback Freezes When set to my DAC
Feb 12, 2015 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Stevebobwe

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody, recently I started having a strange issue. For my setup I am outputting through USB to an ODAC, which is connected to my SRM-1mk2/Lambda Pro setup. I am using windows 8.1 64-bit. Audio plays fine and clear for a few minutes and then the playback completely freezes, the volume bar in windows is 'stuck' showing the current volume coming out, f2k freezes and you can see the spectrum stop moving, and of course the audio completely stops. There is some static. If I unplug everything and plug it back in the sound is fine again for a little while longer. This leads me to believe there is a driver issue or my DAC is dying, anyone have a suggestion? I will be able to test with my friend's DAC in a few days.

TLDR;
ODAC -> SRM-1mk2/Lambda Pro on Windows 8.1 x64
Playback freezes when playing from this device only, how to fix?

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 3
Have you updated to the latest drivers for your motherboard's chip-set?
Have you updated to the latest USB drivers, from the motherboard manufacturer?

As a long shot, try disabling your motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, I would be surprised if it fixes the problem, but might as well try it.
Just in case there is some weird conflict.

What program do you use to play audio?
Personally I like using Foobar2000 (it's free).

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 3
  Have you updated to the latest drivers for your motherboard's chip-set?
Have you updated to the latest USB drivers, from the motherboard manufacturer?

As a long shot, try disabling your motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, I would be surprised if it fixes the problem, but might as well try it.
Just in case there is some weird conflict.

What program do you use to play audio?
Personally I like using Foobar2000 (it's free).

All drivers are up to date. Tried disabling onboard audio for kicks and had no effect. As I said in my previous post I am using Foobar2000 as well, it's great. It seems the audio freeze is system-wide though, not just foobar locking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back