play list for testing new cans?
Sep 16, 2009 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

muxenle

100+ Head-Fier
so in the next day or two I should be getting my first set of decent cans(been using earbuds that came with my current cheapish mp3 player for past couple of months...)

so I was thinking I should put together a playlist to test with out, though I have some songs that I know I will put in it(mostly some kind of metal) I think it would be good to play through some stuff I'm not that familar with, and to get a full range of sound.

So in short, I'd like suggestions from pretty much any genere, but in partuclar(horrid sp) alt. rock, soft rock, clasic rock, etc. Also classical, jazz, etc.

and on a side note I don't plan on pirating any suggestions, I have rhapsody(a music serivice for those who don't know, has a monthly fee and you get unlimted play from their large "libary").

Edit:

might be a good idea to name what I'm getting:

Grado SR60i

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 10
I don't know what format Rhapsody uses... do you? Just asking bc of the quality you'll get.

Sep 16, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean Grado SR60i?

lol, ya that's what I meant

as for format I currently have no idea, but I'm poking around right now.

Sep 16, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 10
okay I think I have it, and its variable. they have a option for transfer format the defualt being mp3 128kbps stero. the total range for the mp3 is:

32kbps mono up to 320 kbps stero

the also have a mp3 VBR option which ranges from:

~96 kbps stero to ~192 kbps stero(yes, it has the ~ symbol in front of it, on all the option under this section

the option is .wma and it has options:

64 kbps mono up to 192 kbps stero

and I'm still rather new to all this, but from what I can guess higher the number the better? so I would probarly want to set it to the mp3 320 kbps stero option....right?

Sep 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #6 of 10
One of the albums I always use for testing is Pink Floyd's DSOTM, some older jazz (really good for testing soundstage) - I use Lionel Hampton, Yes "Roundabout", among many others! One of the important things to do is to listen to songs you know well so you can have a good reference point.

Sep 16, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #7 of 10
By the way, welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet! I hope that you enjoy your new SR60i and that they stave off the upgradeitis at least for a little while!

Sep 16, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #8 of 10
My first ever (the first ever?) triple post.
angry_face.gif
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back