Plastic Case for Pico
Oct 27, 2008 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Ricey20

1000+ Head-Fier
Would anyone, by any chance, know of a nice plastic case that would fit the Pico snugly? I'd drill holes in it and attach it to my MBP lid (already with a plastic cover) with velcro or something. I don't really want to use a bag as it doesnt seem very safe or secure to me. Any suggestions welcome.

Oct 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 18
Pelican cases seem quite popular for home made solutions. Ive never used one but they get some really good reviews around here. Sturdy too so would keep it safe.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 18
yea I was looking at some pelican cases but their smallest one is still too big. I'm gonna go look for some travel soap cases and see if one fits
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 18
The Pico's bag is nice and tight if the feet are on the Pico, and you can just poke a hole in the rear for the USB and charger.

Or, look for that plastic film that they sell to stick onto the outside of cell phones that is non-slip and very sticky, and cover all the surfaces in that (if scratch protection is your main concern). I have some of that film on an LG8600 thin flip phone that stopped it from being a fingerprint magnet and had protected it in a couple of accidental drops.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pico's bag is nice and tight if the feet are on the Pico, and you can just poke a hole in the rear for the USB and charger.

Or, look for that plastic film that they sell to stick onto the outside of cell phones that is non-slip and very sticky, and cover all the surfaces in that (if scratch protection is your main concern). I have some of that film on an LG8600 thin flip phone that stopped it from being a fingerprint magnet and had protected it in a couple of accidental drops.

Where can one buy this sticky stuff? Thanks.

Oct 28, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can one buy this sticky stuff? Thanks.

eBay. You'll have to search for something that meets the criteria.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 18
Oct 29, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 18
you can also get clear skins here for cheap, I've got it for my ipod and used it for my iAudio 7 and its nice and durable, and doesn't leave any permanent residue when taken off (well at least from my experience anyway).

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

Oct 30, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 18
Mar 20, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would anyone, by any chance, know of a nice plastic case that would fit the Pico snugly? I'd drill holes in it and attach it to my MBP lid (already with a plastic cover) with velcro or something. I don't really want to use a bag as it doesnt seem very safe or secure to me. Any suggestions welcome.

I was thinking about something like the Pelican case that my ES3X came with. Maybe something water proof that will fit an iPod (or another player), and the Pico, the AC adaptor, and a few cables. I was looking at the model 1120 or 1150. Keeps things together, safe and dry.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdr. Seraphim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking about something like the Pelican case that my ES3X came with. Maybe something water proof that will fit an iPod (or another player), and the Pico, the AC adaptor, and a few cables. I was looking at the model 1120 or 1150. Keeps things together, safe and dry.

I used to use a 1060 for DIYMOD->VCAP->pico->IEM's I made cables to fit and installed a female mini in the presure release valve so I could plug my IEM's in on the outside. its perfect fit for that, but not large enough for the lisa with this combo, so I stopped using it. works great though

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to use a 1060 for DIYMOD->VCAP->pico->IEM's I made cables to fit and installed a female mini in the presure release valve so I could plug my IEM's in on the outside. its perfect fit for that, but not large enough for the lisa with this combo, so I stopped using it. works great though

I'm headed down to my local photo dealer to look over a few cases. I'll want something a bit larger than the 1160. I was actually thinking about a Pelican computer case for my little PowerBook 12" G4 (source), the Pico DAC/Amp and wall wart and my ES3X (which has it's own case). I've put my name in with ALO (local for me :) for an iMod iPod too for a more portable solution.

I like your idea of using the breather hole for the I/O.

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdr. Seraphim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm headed down to my local photo dealer to look over a few cases. I'll want something a bit larger than the 1160. I was actually thinking about a Pelican computer case for my little PowerBook 12" G4 (source), the Pico DAC/Amp and wall wart and my ES3X (which has it's own case). I've put my name in with ALO (local for me :) for an iMod iPod too for a more portable solution.

I like your idea of using the breather hole for the I/O.

so I take it ken doesnt have any IMOD's in stock at the moment then?? are you going for an aftermarket HD for it?? like one of the 240gb drioves that have just started shipping??

the pelican is quite good really; I got one to match my pico in blue
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back